Youtube Event

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Medy
Experienced User

Re: Youtube Event

Post by Medy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 pm

true :D ...

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:00 pm

there is only one thing that can limit your accomplishments....
you...
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:18 am

Just to come back to this post for lolz ... I now know javascript , node.js , abit of php , sql ... and a tiny bit of python for simple eventghost scripts :D.... The journey continues. :D
Last edited by Medy on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 am

if you know javascript then you also know python. code is code for the most part. ya need to learn the syntax and the verbage but they pretty much work in the same manner. especially when dealing with high level to high level.

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:35 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 am
if you know javascript then you also know python. code is code for the most part. ya need to learn the syntax and the verbage but they pretty much work in the same manner. especially when dealing with high level to high level.
yes . not a big deal at this point.
When the need arises python gets some love :D ...
I will see if sending messages to the rm pro will give me any trouble.
Because once an idea is in the head ... it wants to be solved xD

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:38 am

I did want to mention the use of websockets or any other socket connection actually.
You also have the ability to access windows com objects from javascript i believe.. I can't really remember.. But that is also another mechanism that one can use to connect EG to a browser. You also have named pipes that can be used. But if a webserver is needed in order to send the information from a browser to EG one can be created easily without using the webserver plugin which would be overkill.

Code: Select all

import BaseHTTPServer
import SimpleHTTPServer

class MyHandler(SimpleHTTPServer.SimpleHTTPRequestHandler):
    pass

BaseHTTPServer.test(MyHandler, BaseHTTPServer.HTTPServer)
that will create a basic webserver on port 8000. it is only going to list directory contents of the current working directory os.getcwd() But it shows how simple it is to make a webserver in python that would only be used for the express purpose of receiving data..

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:20 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:38 am
I did want to mention the use of websockets or any other socket connection actually.
You also have the ability to access windows com objects from javascript i believe.. I can't really remember.. But that is also another mechanism that one can use to connect EG to a browser. You also have named pipes that can be used. But if a webserver is needed in order to send the information from a browser to EG one can be created easily without using the webserver plugin which would be overkill.

Code: Select all

import BaseHTTPServer
import SimpleHTTPServer

class MyHandler(SimpleHTTPServer.SimpleHTTPRequestHandler):
    pass

BaseHTTPServer.test(MyHandler, BaseHTTPServer.HTTPServer)
that will create a basic webserver on port 8000. it is only going to list directory contents of the current working directory os.getcwd() But it shows how simple it is to make a webserver in python that would only be used for the express purpose of receiving data..

Hmmm that might acutally work . With Websockets (as far as I understand it) ... I could have a active connection to send messages back and forth.

I could probably also recconnect if connection goes down shortly or whatever

If I can create plugin that connects to the webserver of EG , I could establish a permanent connection between plugin & EG.

Shouldnt be too hard either & there is some good documentation for javascript websocket on mozilla.

Edit : Works fine ... here we go xD