Looking everywhere/Volume media key help

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
getochkn

Looking everywhere/Volume media key help

Post by getochkn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:49 pm

So I want to be able to remap the volume up/down keys on my mini Rii I8+ keyboard to not control system volume and be able to send commands to my harmony hub to control my Denon AVR.

I can do the Harmony part, that's not a problem and works quite well with Eventghost.

The problem is the darn volume keys controlling the system volume and displaying the OSD volume. I'm using Windows 10 and have searched the forums and the net and can't seem to find much. any other app that says it can remap the keys, doesn't. lol. They still work. I can disable the HID device, but then it doesn't respond or map any keys at all.

Any ideas or work arounds. I want to use the mini keyboard to control my Kodi and launch Harmony activites but I need this volume issue figured out.

RiseUp

Re: Looking everywhere/Volume media key help

Post by RiseUp » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:57 pm

If you have not yet solved this, I would bet that AutoHotkey would be the thing you need. Its remapping of keys works better than EventGhost's remapping (at least in the small bit that I have tried) in that it can receive and react to the key events while blocking the OS from receiving them.

Also, what are you using to send commands to your Harmony hub? I just got a Logitech Harmony Elite yesterday (which comes with a hub) and am looking into how to get EG to control it.