Controlling EG from Amazon Echo

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
m19brandon
Experienced User

Re: Controlling EG from Amazon Echo

Post by m19brandon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:09 pm

m19brandon wrote:I will double check but I believe they are open as I can hit the conf page and the Echo and find the bridge.

I opened an issue on the github project and they say the JVM is getting the 200 success code but erroring out on empty body or payload from the webserver. I need to play with it some more.

Thanks, B
I needed to add an index.html to the webserver folder. Now the body is not empty when JVM get a response. :D

m19brandon
Experienced User

Post by m19brandon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:30 am

Have been using the Echo bridge a lot, great work.

Any idea how to pass a spoke string to EG from the Echo vs turn on T.V.

I have EG setup to understand 100s of spoke phrases, this allows me to control the house from my android and I would like my Echo to do the same thing. Just need to pass a string. Ex Alexa, tell Home 'I want to watch ESPN'

sid007

Post by sid007 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for this. This is great. I use the Alexa -> Hue Bridge Emulator -> EG -> Harmony to control my entertainment center.

Alexa turn TV on -> Projector, Receiver HDMI1, Comcast,

Alexa turn PS3 on -> PS3, Hdmi2

"" turn Chromecast -> Hdmi3

Alexa turn sound off -> Mute to receiver
Alexa turn sound on -> Mute to receiver (which unmutes it)

Alex turn fan on -> Programmed the fan remote as a new device in Harmony hub and it picked it up :D -> Power on, Oscillate, Medium Fan

Alexa turn everything off -> PS3 off, Receiver Off, Projector Off (has to send the off command twice b/c the projector is that way), Comcast off.

Alex -> Philip Lights works on via the real hue bridge

Time to think of more stuff to add and automate .. any suggestions? :!:

litfoo

Post by litfoo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 pm

I have managed to add a device on the Hue Bridge emulator configurator page and it has been assigned with an ID, has a name and is labelled as a Switch

However, when I ask Alexa to discover my devices, it does not pick it up.

Anyone have any ideas as to why it is not picking it up?

thanks,

litfoo

***update - managed to get it working - had to used the full command C:\echo>java -jar amazon-echo-bridge-o.2.1.jar --upnp.config.address=xxx.xxx.x.80 **

xxx.xxx.x.80 is the IP of the machine running the jar

litfoo

Post by litfoo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:05 pm

not sure how many people are using the EG > HarmonyHubControl

I am a little unsure as to the full path I should be using for HarmonyHubControl

At the moment my HarmonyHubControl.exe sits in C:\Echo\HarmonyHubControl

so i have entered C:\Echo\HarmonyHubControl\HarmonyHubControl.exe myemail@gmail.com mypassword 192.168.1.100 start_activity 1234567 but it does not work

I can get the commands to work if, from a command prompt, go directly into the folder and then run the .exe command with my email/password/ip etc combination

but can't get it to work from EG

Hope someone can help

Cheers,

litfoo

larrysmcfarlin

Post by larrysmcfarlin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Ok, losing my mind lol...

Went through all the steps to get everything set up (Echo Bridge 0.1.3, latest EG). (1) HTPC in entertainment center is set as the bridge and has EG set up. (2) Desktop computer in office with EG set up.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Echo hears the function and passes it to EG on the HTPC - I see it come into the log. I copy the entry from the log and added a macro that passes a payload to the Desktop (Send to another Eventghost function) which in turn sets the volume to a percentage value on the desktop.

Here's the issue:

When the event hits the HTPC, it doesn't trigger the macro. The echo passes the function to the bridge correctly, EG on the HTPC receives the command correctly - then it stops. If I execute the macro manually on the HTPC, it passes the payload to the desktop and completes the function correctly.

Notes: I set up "send to another Eventghost" function because if I passed it directly from the bridge to the desktop PC the payload would hit the desktop pc EG logs several times for some reason.

Any ideas?

m19brandon
Experienced User

Post by m19brandon » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:31 am

Did you get your macro working on your HTPC.

Has the correct event been added to your HTPC. The one sent from the desktop computer?

bernd

Post by bernd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi,
Can someone say if the HA Bridge still works? I followed the instructions and created a new device that is showed in echo devise list. But when I say Alexa turn on "deviceXXX", I receive the answear: "the hub, connected with the device "deviceXXX" don't react, please check the network connection or power supply. But the devices or the java app is online. Anyone with the same issues?

Problem solved, I use another bridge:
https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

m19brandon
Experienced User

Post by m19brandon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:32 am

Yes for all the then. There are some key macros by default that u can copy from and change.

I am not sure of we can capture the address in chrome.
krysn95 wrote:Is it possible to make the next with EG:

If
a concrete webpage is opens in Chrome--> (http://www.example.com)

Than
mark the webpage text --> (simulate ctrl+a)
simulate a right mouse click to a defined place
simulate a left mouse click to a defined place
wait X seconds
close the concrete webpage --> (simulate alt+F4)

(really sorry if this question is lame, but I am totally beginner with this amazing app)

Thank you in advance for every help!

Jostein
Experienced User

Post by Jostein » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 am

Hi.

I have got it working but alexa is responding: Sorry the device floor light is not responding........

I have used this: https://github.com/armzilla/amazon-echo-ha-bridge as bernd did.

when issuing a command the bridge sends a command to http://192.168.10.70:85/CMD?floorLight=ON witch results in an EG event as it is should.

Ha emulator shows:

Code: Select all

2017-04-02 12:02:14.944  INFO 2152 --- [io-8080-exec-30] com.armzilla.ha.hue.HueMulator           : Making outbound call: GET http://192.168.10.70:85/CMD?floorLight=OFF HTTP/1.1
2017-04-02 12:02:15.002  INFO 2152 --- [io-8080-exec-30] com.armzilla.ha.hue.HueMulator           : GET on URL responded: 404
when i test using the ha bridge configurator i get the following message:
error http.png
error http.png (5.07 KiB) Viewed 6808 times
Is there a way for eventghost to not show the 404 page? How are you solving this?

luma

Post by luma » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:51 pm

You need to drop an "index.html" file in the EG WebServer directory. It can be an empty file, but EG will respond with 404 if there's no default document there.