Home Security System (Some questions somewhere)

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
StgRawrface

Home Security System (Some questions somewhere)

Post by StgRawrface » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:17 am

Just thought I would make a post about and idea I've had that I've been wanting to try out for a while: making my own home security system. I'm happy to say that with the discovery of EventGhost, Ispy, Tasker, Dropbox, andPushbullet, I have achieved a total of half of what I am trying to accomplish with this :)

I found out how to setup Pushbullet to work in EventGhost (Thanks to Pako putting up with me lol) via the Pushbullet plugin (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5709&hilit=pushbullet#p28154), and so to set the alarm, I push a notification from my phone to my computer, which then opens up iSpy, and sends me back a notification that tells me that the alarm has been set.

Whenever iSpy detects motion inside the square I have drawn out, it sends an event to EventGhost, and that tells me that there is an intruder, whilst uploading the pictures it took to Dropbox for me to view.

The last step I have so far is whenever I want to deactivate it, I push a notification over to my pc and then my pc deactivates the alarm and welcomes me home.

There are, however, a few extra features I would like to add on, and I was wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction. At this time I would also like to state that I am sure that there's at least one thread just like this I haven't found that probably has the answers I'm looking for, so I am sorry about this. The things I would like to add, first of all, would be the option to play an alarm sound after I tell it too once I've made sure that it is an intruder and not a false alarm. Another thing that would be cool is if there was a text to speech plugin I'm not aware of so that my pc can tell any intruder after I initiate the "Panic Mode" that there are pictures of the intruder on the internet now and the police are being notified.

I believe that the last thing for now I would like to add to the alarm is for my computer to call 911 with a phone call saying "There has been a break-in at [This address]. The owner's name is [this] and has been notified of the break in, and has pictures that have been taken of the intruder on his phone." or something along those lines.

----------

That's what I'm trying to accomplish basically. And while typing I just realized that a more effective way to setup the detection of intruders would to find those magnetic thingies that are on doors for alarm systems that can connect to the computer so that iSpy or EventGhost can tell if they've been tripped, and then turn on the cameras to record whatever it was that tripped the alarm. So if anyone knows of those magnetic security things that can interface with a computer that'd be cool.

Thanks for reading the long post and hopefully through EventGhost forums I can finish my project :) Till I read replies I have to sleep though.... Stupid work. Goodnight Everyone :)

-StgRawrface

shaggy79
Experienced User

Re: Home Security System (Some questions somewhere)

Post by shaggy79 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi StgRawrface

I have more or less the same set-up as you...

* iSpy
* PushBullet (Awsome Plugin)
* Dropbox

With mine though, I connect my phone via Bluetooth (Proximity) to my PC
so when I connect disconnect EG starts / stops the security.

Alarm Sound:-
This is easy done with another macro so when you establish 'intruder' or 'false alarm'
send another PushBullet note to trigger another macro.
* PushBullet.note.intruder
* Play Sound....(If you have a look in in your iSpy install folder\Sounds there are some good sounds to use in there) :idea:

As with the speech there is a plugin called 'Speech' I cant remember if it came with EG or I found it on here somewhere :?:
Have a look in the 'Other' section of add plugin.
This will Speak what you pre-wrote.
I have uploaded it just incase :idea:
__init__.py
Speech Plugin
(10.47 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
As for the phone call to the police I have no idea :?: But just having your PC announce it would be a good deterent :!: while they are trying to figure it out you will be on the phone to local bobbys :wink:

Paul. :P

StgRawrface

Post by StgRawrface » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:53 pm

shaggy79 wrote:Hi StgRawrface

I have more or less the same set-up as you...

* iSpy
* PushBullet (Awsome Plugin)
* Dropbox

With mine though, I connect my phone via Bluetooth (Proximity) to my PC
so when I connect disconnect EG starts / stops the security.

Alarm Sound:-
This is easy done with another macro so when you establish 'intruder' or 'false alarm'
send another PushBullet note to trigger another macro.
* PushBullet.note.intruder
* Play Sound....(If you have a look in in your iSpy install folder\Sounds there are some good sounds to use in there) :idea:

As with the speech there is a plugin called 'Speech' I cant remember if it came with EG or I found it on here somewhere :?:
Have a look in the 'Other' section of add plugin.
This will Speak what you pre-wrote.
I have uploaded it just incase :idea:
__init__.py
As for the phone call to the police I have no idea :?: But just having your PC announce it would be a good deterent :!: while they are trying to figure it out you will be on the phone to local bobbys :wink:

Paul. :P
Thx for the reply :) I haven't tried the Bluetooth thing mostly because I don't use Bluetooth for much, but I may start trying. And when I'm free hopefully tomorrow I'll try the speech plugin.

I tried playing an obnoxious sound thing with the same method but it didn't seem to work :| I'll try again with the default sounds EG has.

Any idea for those magnetic door security strips? I know ispy has the option for external mechanisms aside from the cameras you can add but idk where to get ones that would interface with a PC.

shaggy79
Experienced User

Post by shaggy79 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 pm

StgRawrface,

No problems just hope it helped... :)

The sound worked for me but I used the sounds that came with iSpy..
*Install directory\iSpy\Sounds

AS for the Security strips I have no idea sorry :?:

Paul.

StgRawrface

Post by StgRawrface » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:58 pm

shaggy79 wrote:StgRawrface,

No problems just hope it helped... :)

The sound worked for me but I used the sounds that came with iSpy..
*Install directory\iSpy\Sounds

AS for the Security strips I have no idea sorry :?:

Paul.
Ok so I got the audio to work. And the text to speech works too so thank you there :) Now is there an extra plugin for bluetooth devices that I have to get so it can detect when a device pairs with it or no?

**Sorry I ask so many questions XD Just so much to learn about this haha

shaggy79
Experienced User

Post by shaggy79 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:44 pm

StgRawrface,

I am a complete novice with EG and this kind of stuff. I have spent many hours reading, And asking questions on here to get things how I want them. There are some really helpful people on here :D

Glad you got them working :)

Getting it to work with Bluetooth can be a pain :cry: it depends on your Phone I suppose :?:
I have an iPhone 5S it wasn't easy at all :!:

Iphone :-

* You need a decent Bluetooth 4.0 dongle. )This is the one I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-USB-BT40 ... 58afc0a3a8)
* You need software called Rohos Logon Key. (You have to buy this but if you look around you can get it free :wink: )
* You need a lot of patience :!: :roll: (This is on you :lol: )

Android:-
* I have no idea :?: but I've heard its a lot easier :D

Good Luck :wink:
Paul.

StgRawrface

Post by StgRawrface » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 pm

shaggy79 wrote:StgRawrface,

I am a complete novice with EG and this kind of stuff. I have spent many hours reading, And asking questions on here to get things how I want them. There are some really helpful people on here :D

Glad you got them working :)

Getting it to work with Bluetooth can be a pain :cry: it depends on your Phone I suppose :?:
I have an iPhone 5S it wasn't easy at all :!:

Iphone :-

* You need a decent Bluetooth 4.0 dongle. )This is the one I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-USB-BT40 ... 58afc0a3a8)
* You need software called Rohos Logon Key. (You have to buy this but if you look around you can get it free :wink: )
* You need a lot of patience :!: :roll: (This is on you :lol: )

Android:-
* I have no idea :?: but I've heard its a lot easier :D

Good Luck :wink:
Paul.
Haha thanks. I could use a little of the patience part. I'm a novice with this too hahaha Well GL to any and all EG related things you attempt :)

shaggy79
Experienced User

Post by shaggy79 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers StgRawrface, you too bud. good look with your endevers :D :) :idea: :shock:

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm

iSpy & Eventghost.
Seems so simple huh?
Not for me. :(

I have searched and searched and searched and I could not find any simple example of an iSpy batch file that will trigger iSpy commands in Windows 10 64 bit.

Here is an example command...
ispy ALLOFF

Have any if you others created a .bat file that works for iSpy & Win10 via CMD? Care to share/show me?

Thanks much.
#akaBump
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 am

I do believe that iSpy does have an HTTP API. This would make things a bit easier then using batch files it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish exactly.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:56 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 am
I do believe that iSpy does have an HTTP API. This would make things a bit easier then using batch files it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish exactly.
They do. And it looks awesome. But it also costs money to do nearly anything with iSpy via the web/site.
It's only $5 a month for basic but I was trying to keep it all local too. And I do like my batch files.
Thanks for the pointer Kevin.

I, for now, mostly just want to start/stop recordings and maybe get alerts. Nothing fancy.
http://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide-commandline.aspx
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:29 am

Ahh that sucks. I wish you would have posted in this topic 2 weeks ago. I ordered an NVR 2K from Lorex (Dahua OEM) it was an open box deal and I paid 75 bucks for it. and they sent me a 4K 16 channel NVR that was brand new! I just checked and it is no longer on their website. The thing was still up there for a week after I got mine. That sucks...
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:54 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:29 am
Ahh that sucks. I wish you would have posted in this topic 2 weeks ago. I ordered an NVR 2K from Lorex (Dahua OEM) it was an open box deal and I paid 75 bucks for it. and they sent me a 4K 16 channel NVR that was brand new! I just checked and it is no longer on their website. The thing was still up there for a week after I got mine. That sucks...
Sorry Buddy.

But on the bright side. I have found, and have started creating my very own, working iSpy batch files.

Code: Select all

cd c:\program files\ispy\ispy
ispy.exe commands "allon"
ispy.exe commands "recordondetecton"
ispy.exe commands "alerton"
Hallelujah and huge thanks to (((this guy))) and his write up.
http://cloxmonkey.com/securitysystem.html
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.