PowerDVD 12

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Romep

PowerDVD 12

Post by Romep » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:23 am

Hello,

i bought PowerDVD12 and i want to use EventGhost to control it with my remote. The PowerDVD plugin doesnt work anymore, since its only for 7 and 8. I created my own macros emulating keypresses and send them to powerdvd. This works for up/down/left/right, but enter or return is sent to powerdvd and nothing happens. If i press enter or return in powerdvd on my keyboard it works fine. Can anyone help me?

themaster1
Experienced User

Re: PowerDVD 12

Post by themaster1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 pm

I have pdvd10 so not sure it'll help you but but when you create emulate keystrokes there is an option "use alternate method to emulate keypresses" this should help

useful link:
http://www.keyxl.com/aaab43b/275/PowerD ... rtcuts.htm

vuego
Experienced User

Post by vuego » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Same problem here. Alternate method doesn't help.
I've modified the PowerDVD plugin so that at least some keys works such as play, stop, fullscreen, navigate left, right, up and down etc. I've disabled Navigation Enter for now since I couldn't get it to work.
Last edited by vuego on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dswigger

Post by dswigger » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello everyone. I struggled a bit with this myself and have the answer. The plugin works fine, however, on blurays a special BD-J keyboard option *can* be enabled. Disable it and things should work normally.

Uncheck the "Enable BD-J keyboard" option in Settings/Blu-Ray Disc Setting/BD-J Keyboard Support

Alstonn

Post by Alstonn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Power DVD is a great app for playing DVD movies and i am using Power DVD 9 right now and i just update it and i find it very best.

vuego
Experienced User

Post by vuego » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am

dswigger wrote:Hello everyone. I struggled a bit with this myself and have the answer. The plugin works fine, however, on blurays a special BD-J keyboard option *can* be enabled. Disable it and things should work normally.

Uncheck the "Enable BD-J keyboard" option in Settings/Blu-Ray Disc Setting/BD-J Keyboard Support
What do you mean by "BD-J keyboard option *can* be enabled"? I've tried it both enabled and disabled but EventGhost sending {Return} doesn't do anything.
Which version of PowerDVD do you use?

vuego
Experienced User

Post by vuego » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:13 pm

I found out that "Navigation Enter" does work when the More Functions window is displayed and when using the Cinema Mode. It is now possible to navigate the menu, start playing, changing chapters and so on using this plugin :D

I've added all functions I could find but disabled those that didn't work.

Note
1. Be sure to disable the BD-J keyboard support if using Classic Mode (Settings - Bly-ray Disc).
2. Open the More Functions window. Most EventGhost functions work if this window stays open for some reason. Unfortunately it's not possible to hide it but you can place it outside the screen or on another monitor.
3. Or you can use the Cinema Mode and most EventGhost functions will work.
4. Some functions doesn't work in all modes such as Root Menu vs Menu List and they behave differently.
Attachments
__init__.py
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

vuego
Experienced User

Post by vuego » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 pm

5. The More Functions trick does not work when using 3D mode. It looks a bit different and EventGhost is unable to send most commands once again :x

If someone decides to make an update to this plugin, I suggest taking a look at the PowerDVD remote app since it is communicating with PowerDVD over Ethernet instead of SendKeys. Making an EventGhost plugin using that protocol would also allow PowerDVD on another computer to be controlled :D

Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Post by Neytrino-OnLine » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:16 am

Hi guys, I'm shocked that noone still not found/made solutions.
I think, I found one:
We need the additional application - NirCMD (it can be found here), using parameter "sendkeypress" you can emulate hotkey pressings...

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1722">
    <Macro Name="Play/Pause" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="(YouEvent).Play" />
        <Action>
            Window.FindWindow(u'PowerDVD.exe', None, u'PowerDVD16', None, None, None, True, 0.0, 0)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.BringToFront()
        </Action>
        <Action>
            System.Execute(u'(ProgrammFolder)\\nircmd.exe', u'sendkeypress spc', 0, False, 2, u'(ProgrammFolder)\\', False, False, u'', False, False, False, False)
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>
And it works! (for my PowerDVD 16 Ultra, also I think it will work for other previus versions)
Sin©erely yours, Neytrino.