OK/Apply button greyed out when adding MCE (Vista) Plugin.

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
sunshine

OK/Apply button greyed out when adding MCE (Vista) Plugin.

Post by sunshine » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:28 pm

The ok and apply buttons are greyed out when adding the MCE Remote (Vista) plugin, preventing me from adding it to the tree. I've read this change was on purpose. My understanding is the apply button should have been available when adding a plug in for the first time, which when clicked should have enabled the ok button, is this correct?

It's been some years since I've last used EG, a very confusing change indeed. I've tried re-installing to no avail. How in the world do add the plugin?

sunshine

Re: OK/Apply button greyed out when adding MCE (Vista) Plugin.

Post by sunshine » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 pm

Ok found an answer viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10278&p=52695&hilit ... out#p52695 here but had to read a few posts so I'll consolidate it:
ok so add a macro and in that macro add a python script action. and in that action paste the code below. then click on the apply button.

now leave the Python script dialog open

click on the tree and install the plugin. when you get the config dialog for the plugin open you are going to run the script by clicking on the test button in the python script dialog. this is going to make the OK button clickable.
I am completely unfamiliar with Python, but the script in that post threw errors and did not work, however the following post had the answer, so here's the script that worked for me:

Code: Select all

for dialog in eg.mainFrame.openDialogs:
    dialog.buttonRow.okButton.Enable(True)
I've seen some bug reports on this issue, but they are marked as fixed. Should I open a new ticket?

jachin99
Experienced User

Re: OK/Apply button greyed out when adding MCE (Vista) Plugin.

Post by jachin99 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:58 am

Which version of eg are you using and which version of windows are you on? You might want to have a look in the plugins forum where there is a dedicated thread for the new mce remote Vista + plugin. In that thread there is an updated version of eg that you might like.