Run macro on all users

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
oscar

Run macro on all users

Post by oscar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to create a macro and make it run with any user that logs in into the computer? Everything works fine with my user, but if someone else logs in, Eventghost doesn't open for them. If I add Eventghost to the startup menu, it starts for them, there my macro is not available.

oscar

Re: Run macro on all users

Post by oscar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Never mind, figured it out.

I created a batch to run "eventghost.exe -m -h c:\test.xml"
-m = multi user
-h = hide
I don't need to add a command to identify the file "c:\test.xml"

Then I created a vbs file with the command "CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run "c:\test.bat", 0, True"
so that it runs hidden.

Seems to be working correctly for all users.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Run macro on all users

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:47 am

oscar wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:27 pm
-m = multi user

this is incorrect..

-m, -multiload = multi load.. meaning more then a single copy of EG running at the same time.

using the -m switch you need to be very careful as it is easy to end up with a battle of the EG's.. it can take your machine down.. so heed the warning...

EG will always run "multi user" if you want the same tree loaded for every user then you need to save the tree into a folder that has the permissions set for "Everyone" and then you will need to login using each username and place a shortcut to start EG in the Startup folder. once you start EG for the first time with that user and point it to the save file you want to load once you close EG it is going to remember that save file and it will load it each and every single time EG starts up.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image