SChedule Hourly Event , every day [SOLVED]

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Medy
Experienced User

SChedule Hourly Event , every day [SOLVED]

Post by Medy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:47 pm

I thought this was going to be trivial with scheduleghost

But when I want to configure a hourly event via the schedule ghost manager .. schedule ghost wants you to pick a date. With no option to opt out / do daily...

I want daily + periodically events every hour.

I hacked smth together for now with a makro creating events + adding wait commands
eg.TriggerEvent(prefix='Hourly', suffix='event')

but now there is an endless loop of wait...
Last edited by Medy on Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: SChedule Hourly Event , every day

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:20 am

there is a wait option for the Trigger Event action. if you set the waittime to the number of seconds you want to wait until the event gets triggered that will be your delay.. so add one of those actions to the Autostart group and add the same action to the macro that has the same event that you are using in the Trigger Event action. so it will loop that way.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: SChedule Hourly Event , every day

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:24 am

if you provide me some more detail on the event you want to get produces every so many hours, minutes or second I can provide an example.

what I need to know is if the event needs to get triggered at a specific time. like every hour at the top of the hour. so 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 5:00 and so on and so forth.

Or can it be an hour from when EG starts up. so say you start EG at 6:12 it will trigger events at 7:12, 8:12, 9:12......etc

Medy
Experienced User

Re: Schedule Hourly Event , every day

Post by Medy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Edit : Problem Solved Case Closed. Your post helped me figure it out.

Solution found here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2740&p=16580&hilit= ... ule#p16580 ( the picture the author posted helped)

I just create a new shedule when evenghost boots up(with the correct day & time via a pthyon script) .. then I get daily events..

This is the code to create a Schedule (periodically) .. you can read the specifics in the add schedule command description.

Code: Select all

eg.plugins.SchedulGhost.AddSchedule(u" [0, u'MyEventName', 5, [u'00:00:00', u'00:00:00', u'2019-11-16', 5, 0], u'2019-11-16 17:13:00', u'SchedulGhost', '', '', '']")
Which gives me events every 5 seconds on that day...

Thats all I wanted & now i can dynamically generate theses schedules from my sunset value I pull from openweathermap.

I always try to automate everything completley hands off. Since I dont like pushing buttons or shout too many voice commands :D...

Mission Accomplished.

My Blinders Go up when I Boot my pc & sunlight is availale outside...
If there is no sunlight / or sunset ... My Lights go on :D.. & after sunset blinders go down again ;)

----------------------------------------------------------
- It doesnt have to be a specific time.
- Just need a event every hour / or minutes ...

The trigger could be eventghost starting up yes ...

I changed my hack to having ifttt send me an event every 15 minutes for now :D and the autoremote plugign recieves it.

That would be already sufficient ... though you know how it is .. I cant leave things ugly like that if eventghost should be able to give me a clean solution preferably with no Wait commands running endlessly.

To describe the task itself :

1. Every time I boot my pc up - Evenghost checks if its sunset via an api
2. If Sunset = Do nothing
3. Rollo (Blinders) = Blinders UP

Thats the basic idea , but now comes the problem managing to get the blinders to go down.

Which is why I need either:
1. an event that triggers excactly on sunset ...
2. Or periodically checks if its sunset and triggers if true

I went with Option 2 ... since idk how to do it with shceduleghost ... there seems to be no option to do both daily & certain time of day.

So really im just looking for a plugin lets me setup this easy. I can hack things together ... though I like to have things organized :D ... just like adding schedules with scheduleghost. where its all in one place.

This is all I want from Scheduleghost
1. Select Interval / minutes / hours / day
2. Fire event on Interval

Optionally aslo (set excact event time from Date value () ... im using openweathermap the time is "time in seconds" ...
" 1573916828 "

From you question I could already come up with a idea ...
like creating a schedule for todays , with scheduleghost every time eventghost boots up.

i just need to figure out how i can add a sbhedule with my data .. would be cool if there is a scheduleghost documetnation somewhere. so I can see what code I need to create a schedule

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: SChedule Hourly Event , every day [SOLVED]

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:38 am

well hey I was useful somehow.. I may not have the solution but hopefully I will say something that will help to provide the solution as I did in this case.