Bluetooth

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
ts1234

Bluetooth

Post by ts1234 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 pm

I'm looking for a way to detect a device coming into range of my pc bluethooth usb based dongle. From what I skimmed thru (very quickly) Eventghost cannot do this. Can someone please confirm?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:08 pm

EG can do it. It is not packaged with the ability..

This has actually started me looking into the System plugin again. I did make a replacement. It was clunky and slow. I never really liked it. I made it a very long time ago when I first started programming.

I spent the last few hours researching and writing some code. I have found a better way to go about collecting all of the devices installed in the system..

The way I used before it would take on the order of 10 seconds or so to collect all of the information. The new way is less then 100 milliseconds. So I would say it is a rather large improvement.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

dan Edens
Experienced User

Post by dan Edens » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:08 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:08 pm
EG can do it. It is not packaged with the ability..

This has actually started me looking into the System plugin again. I did make a replacement. It was clunky and slow. I never really liked it. I made it a very long time ago when I first started programming.

I spent the last few hours researching and writing some code. I have found a better way to go about collecting all of the devices installed in the system..

The way I used before it would take on the order of 10 seconds or so to collect all of the information. The new way is less then 100 milliseconds. So I would say it is a rather large improvement.
I'd be very interested in this aswell. Currently I have Tasker fire an event to EG through Autoremote when it detects my laptops bluetooths network/or shop wifi, whichever combination of factors happens to align first.
But It's messy. if i'm in my shop and it hasn't coonnected to my weak ass aircube access point yet than the EG event doesn't always go through having EG be able to directly pick up on my phones bluetooth would be waaayyy more reliable.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:03 am

only if you are within 35 feet and there are no walls in the way.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:09 am

The windows API is a fickle beast. I am trying to get a mapping of volume to physical drive and there is no direct way to do it. I may dump the idea and leave it as it is where an event gets produced if a thumb drive gets inserted and then another event when a new volume appears. I wanted to be able to clamp both the device and the drive together. I can get it to work a single time but next time I go to iterate over the information it causes an application crash. something is not getting released like it should be.

I have already hammered out the detection process for the bluetooth. I am going to dig further into the API to see what else may be available.