Will pay someone to fix this script error please

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
mikehende
Experienced User

Re: Will pay someone to fix this script error please

Post by mikehende » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:21 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:56 pm
try updating the remote. this should fix the issues.

Do you have the ability to change the volume level from inside of the DJ software?? is so we may want to see if we can control the volume that way. If we cannot go that route. you should have volume macros set up. in those macros you will have the events for the remote presses and the actions of changing the volume.

go into those volume actions and change the sound card to Primary. if it is already on Primary change it to your sound card. see if this solves the issue. As far as the clicks go. you are probably hearing those because whatever drivers you are using tells windows to make those sounds. if you go into your volume mixer on windows you should be able to mute the system sounds.
Sorry it took so long for me to get to this.

1] When you say "update the remote", do you mean the firmware?

2] go into those volume actions and change the sound card to Primary. if it is already on Primary change it to your sound card. see if this solves the issue. This I am not understanding, which volume actions are you referring to please?

I can change the volume from inside OTSAV but that will tamper with the Dynamics processor so best I leave that alone.

I tried muting the System sounds [clicking] by doing this below but no change.

Here's how to disable the sound in Windows XP:
Click Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices.
Click the Sounds tab.
Scroll down the list under Program Events. Under the Windows Explorer section, highlight Start Navigation.
Under the Sounds box, select (None) > OK, close Control Panel.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:09 pm

mikehende wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:21 pm
1] When you say "update the remote", do you mean the firmware?
I didn't mean to say remote. I meant the sound card. The drivers are on the Mac OSX Disc. I explained this in an earlier post. We want to make sure you are not using some generic pre packaged driver that Windows comes with.
mikehende wrote:
2] go into those volume actions and change the sound card to Primary. if it is already on Primary change it to your sound card. see if this solves the issue. This I am not understanding, which volume actions are you referring to please?
This was in reference to this statement you made.
mikehende wrote:
1] The volume up and down works but needs to have the windows speaker icon open in view for this to happen
So I was guessing that you were using EventGhost to control the volume from the remote, I didn't see anything in the API for that software that has anything to do with changing the volume.

mikehende wrote:
2] Whenever I press any key on the remote I hear a noise, can't explain the noise but sort of like when you press a key on a keyboard
if you go into the Windows sound mixer (right click the speaker icon on the lower right of your screen. Then click on mixer.) And mute the System Sounds. that should fix the issue of the clicking when you press a remote button
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

mikehende
Experienced User

Post by mikehende » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:31 pm

No that didn't solve the remote button sound issue. It's no major issue, people listening might not even notice it. I am thinking that sound issue should be controlled by the Beyond Media software, will look into it.

Regarding the volume up/down, when I press those buttons on the remote with OTSAV in full screen I see an up/down prompt showing for the Beyond Media software so I am thinking the Beyond Media software which "firefly" drivers controls the remote might be conflicting somewhere.

mikehende
Experienced User

Post by mikehende » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:11 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:56 pm
a VM would be a really good way to go. Virtual Box is free and Parallels is not. I think support wise you might do better with parallels. with Virtual ox I am sure all issues have been addressed but it is going to require you to do some searching to find solutions if you have any problems.

One other thing that will greatly improve the performance is an SSD. I would strongly suggest this especially if you are considering running windows in a VM. if you do those 2 things you will not need to replace the laptop for another 10 years.
Yes I should gone the VM route from the getgo so I won't have to power down and switch between mac and windows. Will look into it.

Regarding the SSD, I had looked into that option but chose to get a 1tb 7200rpm drive, I had asked on the Apple support community whether I would get better results with a 7200 or SSD but never got a definitive answer?

Also, I need a tb I think because I want my mp3's and videos on the internal drive which totals around 250gb, Issue I am having with deciding on a more affordable [for me] 500gb drive is that a common problem with Macs is the "Other" shown in mac storage. This seems to somehow get filled with files other than music, video and pics and when it does then no way to delete the contents of Other resulting in having to wipe the drive.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:28 am

I am not sure what you mean by "Other" for a drive.

And the Performance increase from an SSD to a Mechanical disk is the difference between a Floppy drive and a HDD. (actually probably a bigger speed difference). The funny thing about how Computers work is they always page out information from ram to a file on the HDD. now with the correct amount of ram for your use this will be minimized but it still happens. So each and every time this happens an interrupt request takes place and stops the CPU from doing whatever it is doing to then move the data from ram to the page file. the slower the drive the longer this process takes place. and also if your ram amount is too small this is going to happen a whole lot more then it should. this is a HUGE performance hit to the computer. When running a OS in a VM environment the OS does not know any different. So it to is going to have the swap file and the memory deal. so now instead of a single OS doing this. there are now 2. So i know that if you run windows 7 with 2 gigs of ram it is going to page out memory like an SOB. 3 gig meh.. 4 is ideal if not going bonkers with applications. Now I believe mac OSX is almost identical to that as well.

Now if you have a mechanical HDD that can only do a single task at a time. because the heads can only be in one place at a time. but you are putting demand on the drive that is technically speaking 2 computers. the drive is not going to have large enough read write buffers so you are going to have a performance issue there. the reason why servers HDD's work is because they have HUGE buffers. a standard HDD 64 meg buffer. my RAID array with a server grade RAID Controller has 2gig for the buffer (expandable to 16gig)

now it is pretty obvious this is not a pleasure machine. this is a work machine. last thing you want is to have the thing go all kinds of funky on ya while you are working. and you also don't want it to lag or studder when playing a video. Sometime ya have to bite the bullet and buy what is right and what is not going to cause you any issues.

The reason i state put the movies and everything else on an external is because if you end up with a corrupted HDD from something as retarted as the MacOS doesn't close nicely (very common) you just lost both os's plus all of the data.

anmd it becomes easier to share the data between the 2 as well.

mikehende
Experienced User

Post by mikehende » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:10 pm

I might get away with a 500gb SSD keeping my files in it. I guess I can do that, max out the ram from 8 to 16 and use Parallels so I will not need to reinstall win7 as I would need to with VB.

mikehende
Experienced User

Post by mikehende » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Hmnn, think best I pay for Parallels since I won't have to reinstall windows and also since VB is not guaranteed to be error free.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:33 pm

you will not be disappointed. I would stick with the 8 gigs of ram and adjust if you find the need to.

and nothing in the world of computers is error free. windows7 runs just fine with VB. and is free too. if you have any questions with it i can help ya out.

mikehende
Experienced User

Post by mikehende » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks, Right now running my DJ softwares on both sides of the mac is problem free which is why I am very cautiously looking into everything associated with this. I have just posted on the OTSAV forums to see if anyone has a similar setup who can give feedback.

I have also posted on the VB forum here and the guy's answer does not make me feel confident to go through all that trouble to reinstall windows and all of my programs:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic ... 99#p422499

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:05 pm

in your specific use case I would build a slip streamed windows 7 installer. with all of your apps and settings already done up. in the event of an issue you could play music from a backup CD player or something like that. and have windows reinstalled with all of your apps and be good to go in 5 minutes.

windows 7 installed from a USB3.0 thumb drive onto an SSD takes less then 5 minutes. Its crazy. and slip streaming all of your apps and settings gets you back up and running really fast.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm

the thing i do not know a whole lot about is the Mac side of things. so asking questions in other forums is the way to go. but read and read. and form your own solution. what could be one persons nightmare could be because of their lack of knowledge on how to do something. or their lack of research into possible problems and their solutions.

mikehende
Experienced User

Post by mikehende » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Way ahead of you. I had asked the tech from Parallels about this issue and she had said I can backup the windows just in case but with Parallels, the windows will be untouched. The way she explained it is simply to run Parallels and point to the windows OS and Parallels will just be a bridge between the OSX and OS, that's all.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:07 am

that is also a good thing about parallels is that you have support if you need it. sometimes dealing with people in forums can be a big time hassle.

mikehende
Experienced User

Post by mikehende » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Yes, tech support from software manufacturer is always first choice for me.

One tweak I would like to make to the volume guys, the up/down increments is a little too much. I am seeing 1.00 and -1.00, what can I change those digits to in order to get reduced amounts please?
volume.png

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 pm

if you right click the action then click on copy as python, then create a python script and paste in the python code you just copied. you will be able to use a more fine grained number. be sure you delete the old action after you are finished making the python script action