Send Keystroke won't work for "global" exit shortcut

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
eriejar

Send Keystroke won't work for "global" exit shortcut

Post by eriejar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi,
I'm currently having trouble getting event ghost to quit an application called Netflix Remote Controller. The app must be exited through a shortcut, ctrl alt q. Sending this keystroke with the event ghost action to any window including Netflix itself does not trigger the programs exit script (which involves replacing the cursor and taskbar). Any way for me to get this to work?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Send Keystroke won't work for "global" exit shortcut

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:19 pm

you should be able to use the find window action to locate the netflix controller application. be sure to have the edit macro if not found checked off in the action.

either one of these actions should work.
add the Close Action.
or add the send KeyStrokes action with {Alt+F4} as the text to type.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:57 am

There are probably a few ways to do this. I believe I have used the program you mention and I should be able to help out. I believe your trying to the windows store version of Netflix. If so then it should live I side something called the application framehost and this is what you want to close. This should avoid you having to find windows. You should see it in your EG log when you min. Or max. Netflix. Use EG to kill this process instead. If you are interested and the Netflix remote program seems buggy then I believe EG can do all of the same actions the Netflix remote remote program can. You might also look into Kodi 19 and the Netflix addon for that This is what I use. Let me know if you need more help or a better explaination.

eriejar

Post by eriejar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I just tried to close both the frame host and the Netflix Remote Controller application but it still results in the cursor being a red dot and the task bar to vanish. Any other suggestions? I can always manually exit it but I'm trying to get it to automatically cleanly exit when switching to other remotes from the remote.

cvben

Post by cvben » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Could you link the controller application?

Basically what I want to test is sending a cmd command:

Code: Select all

taskkill /F /IM Remote_Name.exe

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:33 pm

I think the red dot cursor lives in its own script, and you can edit the ahk file to take it out. That was a problem I had a while back also. Try closing autohotkey as well using eventghost