Questions for new setup to use with Kodi, Harmony, WMC

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Livin
Experienced User

Questions for new setup to use with Kodi, Harmony, WMC

Post by Livin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Its been 2 years since I used EG but I find I may need it again so I have a few questions...

(1) v5 stable enough to use for basic stuff? I just want to control WMC and Kodi (start/kill, min/max windows) plus reboot PC on occasion.

(2) will EG log Harmony Smart (Hub) commands? I use Kodi & WMC on the same PC, Harmony is connected to it with Bluetooth.

(3) I have a newer Denon X4300H, does the Denon plugin work with it? Would be nice to see when this is in standby or fully on

Thx for the help
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Questions for new setup to use with Kodi, Harmony, WMC

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 am

if you are running on Windows 10 I would suggest that you do run 0.5 RC4. there are a couple of issues and they deal with the command line switches and an issue with eg.SpinNumCtrl. If you encounter any of the 2 mentioned problems please let me know and i will get you the files to fix the issues. We will be releasing another version of EG hopefully soon and it will have these things repaired.

There were many little annoyances that existed in 0.4 that have been fixed/updated as well as some new features added But the biggest is the upgrades to all of the back end modules. There were many issues with 0.4 and Windows 10 and in 0.5 these have been fixed. Stability wise I believe it seems to be doing well. We haven't had any bug reports submitted in a while.

I do not know about the Smart Hub unfortunately Logitech does not have any API's for their devices.

I was tinkering with a new Marantz/Denon plugin There is a posted version of it. I know there is another version which is "complete" tho it does not expose all of the functionality.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Livin
Experienced User

Post by Livin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:40 pm

I did install v5 and got tons (multiple pages streaming by) of red lined errors. I didnt capture it and just uninstalled - v4 didnt throw any of the errors.

One thing I noticed (separate from above errors) and would love to see as a feature: when using my old v4 config file with v5 is that 2 plugins were no longer in there so they were red, of course. I couldnt delete them since there were events using them. It would be really helpful if there was an easy way to have EG identify, in the UI, what events are using those Plugins so we can easily remove/replace that code.

thx for the help
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Keep in mind that this is still a release candidate. I have been using V5 since it came out, and I have had very few problems. I'm not sure why you are getting so many errors but you could try to save your current tree to the desktop, then close and restart EG, and reload your tree. EG works with different permissions during installation than it does running normally. You could also try to run it as Administrator just to see what happens. Knowing what OS your going to use EG on is helpful, and knowing what OS your using WMC on is EXTREMELY helpful. I use both. As a matter if fact, around my house right now I have WMC, MP, Emby, and Kodi. What plugins are you trying to use, and what are you trying to accomplish? I don't think there are any harmony plugins out there but something like the Generic HID plugin might be able to see the harmony commands. I'm pretty sure Logitech uses its own driver for those remotes. I would start with a search for harmony, and you might find some good background information. Also feel free to ask questions.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:46 pm

OK this is what you are going to do.

I need you to install v5 again but this time open a command prompt and key this in

Code: Select all

"c:\program files (x86)\eventghost\eventghost" -debug
this will run eventghost in debugging mode. Now eventghost being in debugging mode is going to show you al ot of red text on the screen. this is something that is going to be changed in the next release. If you have debugging mode already enabled (which can be done from the GUI) this could be the reason why you are seeing all of the red. But this doesn't matter to me.

You will want to attach the debugging log file %appdata%\eventghost\log.txt to a forum post so i can take a look at it.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 pm

and as far as the harmony piece is concerned. If it is attached via Bluetooth to the computer then i can intercept the information being sent in and out. and from there we can reverse engineer an API for it and possibly get a plugin made for it.