Writing first scripts

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
garce

Writing first scripts

Post by garce » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:02 pm

Hi,
I am a user of tasker (also autohotkey).
I am trying to do a tasker / eventghost flow as follows: Steal BT headset connection
After I turn on my BT headset, it will connect to the most recent either my smartphone or the PC. Say it connected to my android when I wanted to connect to PC
I would like to write a eventghost script that
1. Send message to android to release BT connect (I already know how to do this)
2. Turn on BT (in case)
3. Wait 3 seconds
4. PC connect to BT headset

I am also looking to do the reverse (android sends a message to eventghost that forces PC to release BT headset)

Anybody has any tips or can point to a similar script appreciated

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Re: Writing first scripts

Post by Sem;colon » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Hi garce,

The communication between autoremote and EG should be no problem to setup - do you need help with that?

There is no native way in EventGhost to interact with the Bluetooth stack of Windows, but I you can do those things via command line I belive.
Check out this: https://superuser.com/questions/1426949 ... oth-device
Then use the "run command" action in EventGhost (under system) to execute your commands from EventGhost.
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

garce

Re: Writing first scripts

Post by garce » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:28 pm

Sem;colon wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm
Hi garce,

The communication between autoremote and EG should be no problem to setup - do you need help with that?

There is no native way in EventGhost to interact with the Bluetooth stack of Windows, but I you can do those things via command line I belive.
Check out this: https://superuser.com/questions/1426949 ... oth-device
Then use the "run command" action in EventGhost (under system) to execute your commands from EventGhost.
Thanks, I was able to send commands from EG to autoremote following some tutorials. I appreciate tips on EG to listen for autoremote commands
I will check those BT CLI resources, appreciated!