Plugin Error

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Gammelkjaer

Plugin Error

Post by Gammelkjaer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Hey! I'm completely new to EventGhost, and i'm trying add a Plugin, but no matter which one i choose i keep getting this error -

Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-rc6):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\TaskletDialog.py", line 162, in ProcessingTask
self.Configure(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ConfigDialog.py", line 106, in Configure
treeItem.Configure(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionItem.py", line 80, in Configure
return self.executable.Configure(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\AutoRemote\__init__.py", line 2002, in Configure
portCtrl = self.addLine("TCP/IP port", panel.SpinIntCtrl(port, min=1, max=65535))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ControlProviderMixin.py", line 116, in SpinIntCtrl
return eg.SpinIntCtrl(self, -1, value, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\__init__.py", line 50, in __getattr__
mod = __import__("eg.Classes." + name, None, None, [name], 0)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\SpinIntCtrl.py", line 24, in <module>
class SpinIntCtrl(eg.SpinNumCtrl):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\__init__.py", line 50, in __getattr__
mod = __import__("eg.Classes." + name, None, None, [name], 0)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\SpinNumCtrl.py", line 27, in <module>
THOUSANDS_SEP = l.GetInfo(wx.LOCALE_THOUSANDS_SEP)
File "wx\_gdi.pyc", line 3106, in GetInfo
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "strcmp(setlocale(LC_ALL, NULL), "C") == 0" failed at ..\..\src\common\intl.cpp(1449) in wxLocale::GetInfo(): You probably called setlocale() directly instead of using wxLocale and now there is a mismatch between C/C++ and Windows locale.
Things are going to break, please only change locale by creating wxLocale objects to avoid this!

I'm hoping this is easy for you experienced people, so i can continue my journey!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Plugin Error

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

I am going to make an assumption that you are running Windows 10.

This has been coming up because of the use of virtual locales in Windows 10. You are using a combination of a language and a locale setting in Windows that is not a "standard". an example is something like German locale using the English language and having your country set to Spain.

It has to do with keyboard country and locale and what you have set in Windows.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Gammelkjaer

Post by Gammelkjaer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:01 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm
I am going to make an assumption that you are running Windows 10.

This has been coming up because of the use of virtual locales in Windows 10. You are using a combination of a language and a locale setting in Windows that is not a "standard". an example is something like German locale using the English language and having your country set to Spain.

It has to do with keyboard country and locale and what you have set in Windows.
You're right, i'm using windows 10, so if i change everything to on language it should work, or does it have to be my native ?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 am

The changes you need to make sure in the Windows control panel. If you get the current language and the locale for me I will be able to confirm whether or not it is a virtual one. And using those I can come up with the settings that you will have to adjust so the problem will go away.

I have coded up a mechanism to fix this problem and actually extend both pythons and wxPythons(the GUI framework) functionality and support for these virtual codes. If you would be willing to run a special build that had this added I can arrange that. There would be the possibility of encountering bugs and you would need to let me know so I can fix it.

This has not been added to a release candidate yet because the guy that takes care of the GitHub account has not been available. I am almost to the point of developing from my fork.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

dt1000

Post by dt1000 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:59 am

AHoy there!
I am getting the exact same thing.
Latest version of EG.
Windows 10.
Locales set to UK... with US and UK Keyboards.
trying to set-up new plug-in and I get...

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-rc6):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\TaskletDialog.py", line 162, in ProcessingTask
    self.Configure(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ConfigDialog.py", line 106, in Configure
    treeItem.Configure(*args)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionItem.py", line 80, in Configure
    return self.executable.Configure(*args)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\OnkyoISCP\__init__.py", line 118, in Configure
    wx_port = panel.SpinIntCtrl(port, max=65535)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ControlProviderMixin.py", line 116, in SpinIntCtrl
    return eg.SpinIntCtrl(self, -1, value, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\SpinIntCtrl.py", line 58, in __init__
    **kwargs
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\SpinNumCtrl.py", line 115, in __init__
    raise MaxValueError(value, max_val)
MaxValueError: The set value 60128 is higher then the maximum of 65535
Hit me up with that special, new version - I am happy to test!
:D