Google Voice

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Google Voice

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:48 pm

ya know to be completely honest with ya. most likely not. if I could choose... sitting on a beach that has white sand with an ocean that is so vibrant a blue. couple of fluffy white clouds in the sky palm trees all about. a few people walking about simply enjoying the day. I would have a hammock tied up between 2 of the palm trees just relaxing... slight salty breeze and the air temperature would be at that one temperature where you know you could sit there forever and not be cold or hot. sun would feel warm. have a conversation or 2 with some of the people passing by.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Yep sounds like the person upstairs has already started "preparing" you for one of the huge IMAX sized screensavers in the coding community center. :lol: JK. At any rate. Sure would be nice to visit a beach like that in the Caribbean in the fall and sip on some cool coconut water!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 am

don't like coconut but some peach (has to be diced up into small enough cubes to fit up a straw) sweet tea would be nice. with that ice that looks like rabbit crap. i don't know how else to explain it... LOL they are small coarse round bits of ice. but it's almost like they aren't fully frozen...

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:21 am

Yeah you had me at the peach... things went downhill pretty fast and I pretty much lost the beautiful ocean backdrop and imagery with the tiny balls of unfrozen rabbit crap in tea! :lol: :lol: jk! I'm sure it better than your description. Hahaha

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:08 am

you can't tell me that you have not had that ice that are like very small slushy kind of snow balls. I am trying to think of a place that has it in their soda fountain.

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:51 am

Not that I can recall but I have been told before that I need to get out more. Lol!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:51 am

""""
These little chunks of ice have several names, but one thing that has made them famous: The attraction they hold for those who love to chew ice. Nugget has become their go-to, and the establishments that cater to them have taken note. So popular are nuggets that The Wall Street Journal has even recognized the growing allure of nugget ice commercial ice makers, and Sonic has centered a business model on drinks built around nugget ice. “Sonic ice” is sold by the bag, with some locations of the drive-in chain selling dozens each week. The eateries traditionally relied on Scotsman commercial ice machines, though other manufacturers have made inroads.

Beyond being chewable, nugget ice is drier than flake ice, so it’s better in dispensers, readily absorbs the flavor of the drink, and blends well in frozen drinks and smoothies. Since customers expect more ice when they’re getting this chewable type and since you can pack these small pieces in more tightly, you’ll save money on drinks. However, if you’re using nugget ice and offering refills on it, count on spending more money on ice. That’s not just because people will crunch the ice, but also because it melts more quickly than solid types thanks to all those nooks and crannies, which increase the surface area of the ice.
""""

YEAH!!! nugget ice. now that's what I am talking about. and I am not the only one that gets all fuzzy inside about this type of ice.

and the companies that make machines that make this kind of ice and their nickname for the type of ice as well

Ice-O-Matic: Pearl Ice®
Manitowoc: nugget, tubular nugget
Hoshizaki: cubelet
Scotsman: nugget
Follett: Chewblet® Ice

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 pm

I think I now know all there is to know about ice nuggets! :lol: Thanks for tne intel kg!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:55 am

@loveleejohn

Funny story. pertains to the ice conversation... So i was at this local "recycle" place. it's called Restore. They help to fund Habitat for humanity. Well any ways. I was there today.. and right when I was there someone dropped off an ice maker.. Stainless Steel Looked all purdy. So i said what the hell. I do use a lot of ice and sometimes the ice maker in the fridge can't keep up. So I bought the thing. for 30.00 USD. When I got home i decided to look up the make and model. Turns out this thing makes those ice nuggets. Now get this. it does it at a rate of 85 LBS a day LOL

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:16 pm

:o What are the odds? Well that's pretty damn awesome. Sounds like it time for a nugget ice party for all eventghost users! Me thinks you've been rewarded with just a piece of your very own paradise! :lol: Enjoy!! And thanks so much for all you do on here. :)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 pm

DUDE. That was almost a year ago!!!

LMAO...

slattynan

Post by slattynan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:28 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 pm
Shhhh, his family hasn't broken the news to him yet :o

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 pm

I do have to say. it is a really nice ice maker. I can't believe I cam across one of them. the thing was brand new. I think it may have been plugged in one time and not for very long. I opened it up to clean it out (I don't want to bring filth from somewhere else into my house) and it was spotless. Think about what it looks like behind/under your refrigerator. and it doesn't take very long to get like that. This thing was brand new kind of clean. I looked up the model number. and it turn out the ice maker costs 3, 500.00USD to buy new. I almost fell over. I paid a whopping 30.00 USD.
7GLJCzlX_400x400.png
7GLJCzlX_400x400.png (165.39 KiB) Viewed 88 times

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:36 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 pm

LMAO...
Hey I've been pretty busy crafting that response for you for the past year!! :lol: Now if I were to learn that an icemaker was worth that much after paying $30 for it I would scribble a ghosted image of a prophet on it and fill it with some holy water and list it in an ebay starting at $3000! LOL.

Anyways, this plugin has been really great. Just a small update, every now and then (perhaps every week or so) it requires me to re-enter my login credentials. It's my guess it has something to do with google even though I've already chosen the option to allow insecure apps. Oh well. It works most of the time and that's pretty neat. :)

slattynan

Post by slattynan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Hey I've been pretty busy crafting that response for you for the past year!! :lol: Now if I were to learn that an icemaker was worth that much after paying $30 for it I would scribble a ghosted image of a prophet on it and fill it with some holy water and list it in an ebay starting at $3000! LOL.
:lol: