Color Suggestions Needed

You can Post Talk Chat about anything here. Anything but religion/bullshit & politics/stupidity
harshan8kaylen

Color Suggestions Needed

Post by harshan8kaylen » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am

Hello Everyone.
I have A very Long living room with an oversized couch. I want some color suggestions for my room.
I was thinking more of going with a Yellow color pallette or brown. The room is long and narrow. There is dead space behind the couch. would like to be able to tie it in somehow with paint combo. Across the couch is tv with shelves (greyish/brown). Should I try to go lighter or will a dark color provide a good contrast. I am Little Bit Confused. Your Suggestions appreciated.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Color Suggestions Needed

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:44 am

In my media room I used a dark peanut butter color for the walls. I added some white to the same color and lightened it up a lot and used that on the ceiling. On 2 ends of the room there is a kind of step out where the lower half of the wall is thicker then the upper, I used a dark brown on that. I then took some thin decorative molding and made rectangles on the wall long ways being vertical. I painted inside of those rectangles a deep burgundy/maroon. The areas insode of the rectangles is smooth while the rest of the wall is textured. I put wall sconces with Edison bulbs in the rectangles.

There is a photo of it here you can check out.

http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 478#p43478
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image