Bug??

This is where you report any issues if you are running a beta version of EventGhost
Forum rules
To submit a possible bug report please follow this template

Version: 0.5 beta 2 (the version you are running)
Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<SOME_EVENTGHOST_FILE.py>", line 10, in <module>
SOME_FUNCTION()
File "<SOME_EVENTGHOST_FILE.py>", line 4, in SOME_EVENTGHOST_MODULE
SOME_FUNCTION()

copy and past any traceback information from the log if there is no traceback put NONE

Event:
Main.test.0.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8

in the Event field you will want to put the event that was triggered just prior to the traceback occurring, if there is personal data put PERSONAL DATA if there was no traceback or no event triggered right before the traceback put NO EVENT

Description: if you have the ability to replicate the issue then put in here a description of what you are doing to create the problem.

Screen Shots: screen shots of the error and any events/macros/acrions that were run before the issue or screen shots of the problem

Files: any files that may be used to isolate where the issue is. something like the log.txt file would go here

if you provide the above information before hand it will greatly speed up the diagnostic process. we will not have to ask for the bits and pieces. And also having a well formatted Bug Report filled out will get answered sooner then the ones that aren't
jachin99
Experienced User

Bug??

Post by jachin99 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:38 pm

http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=45 on page four towards the bottom of the page, fuqit3 is saying after launching EG as admin, and saving your tree, the saved profile will not load on the next startup, and EG instead loads the default profile. I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but I've had scenarios where EG loaded the default profile (I can't remember the circumstances) and tzr is reporting a similar problem.

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Re: Bug??

Post by Luca Brasi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:55 pm

+1
Happened to me as well a few times. Can't tell anything about when and why but I'll come back here with some infos the next time it happens.
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

topix
Experienced User

Post by topix » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:43 pm

hmm, what comes to my mind is, if started as admin and then saved the config to the admins user folder and on next start as 'normal' user EG can't load the file because the user has no permission for the admins folder. :?: :?:

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 pm

OK.. let you in on something... it is getting saved. just not where you think it is supposed to be..

think about it.. if you launch a program as Administrator what is it doing?

it is making a new session and running the program in that session. with that user account.. and where does eg save the config file to?

c:\users\USERNAME_THAT_IS_LOGGED_IN\appdata\roaming\eventghost\

so when you "run as administrator" it is making a session. logging into it as the user Administrator and then running EG. so that running EG. so the pointer to that directory is not the one that you think it is.

You can test this tidbit out if you open a python script up and key in

Code: Select all

print eg.folderPath.RoamingAppData

this will tell you where the config file is getting saved to.
also if you save a tree located anywhere in the user profile path this is also not going to be where you think it is,
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:21 am

Oh. if this can be confirmed that would be a huge help. see if that path is to a user other then the one you logged in with. It should be c:\users\Administrator\appdata\roaming. if it is I have to try to brain storm a way around this. I am not sure if there is a way to grab the "parent" logged in user name or not
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image