Sonos plugin errors

This is where you report any issues if you are running a beta version of EventGhost
Forum rules
To submit a possible bug report please follow this template

Version: 0.5 beta 2 (the version you are running)
Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<SOME_EVENTGHOST_FILE.py>", line 10, in <module>
SOME_FUNCTION()
File "<SOME_EVENTGHOST_FILE.py>", line 4, in SOME_EVENTGHOST_MODULE
SOME_FUNCTION()

copy and past any traceback information from the log if there is no traceback put NONE

Event:
Main.test.0.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8

in the Event field you will want to put the event that was triggered just prior to the traceback occurring, if there is personal data put PERSONAL DATA if there was no traceback or no event triggered right before the traceback put NO EVENT

Description: if you have the ability to replicate the issue then put in here a description of what you are doing to create the problem.

Screen Shots: screen shots of the error and any events/macros/acrions that were run before the issue or screen shots of the problem

Files: any files that may be used to isolate where the issue is. something like the log.txt file would go here

if you provide the above information before hand it will greatly speed up the diagnostic process. we will not have to ask for the bits and pieces. And also having a well formatted Bug Report filled out will get answered sooner then the ones that aren't
eirik226
Experienced User

Sonos plugin errors

Post by eirik226 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello,

When using the 0.5 version Sonos plugin throws a few errors.

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\SONOS\__init__.py:237: DeprecationWarning: AsyncRequesting.getsockname is deprecated. Use AsyncRequesting.socket.getsockname instead.
           self.portused = self.getsockname()[1]
It's also working rather poorly, I often have to restart EG to get it working again. I've contacted the plugin developer but I don't think he is active anymore.

Anyone got time to take a look at this?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Sonos plugin errors

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 pm

I dropped the original author a line to see if he is still maintaining this and to let him know of the errors. I would rather have the original author take care of it due to the complexities of the plugin..
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Yeah I tried to contact him myself a few days ago, PM still in outbox tho.

yokel22
Experienced User

Post by yokel22 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:13 am

Chase, the author of this plugin is probably still active. I think he just doesn't have pm's forwarded to his email & doesn't stop by much. I have his google hangouts # around. I'll drop him a line today with a link to this thread.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:10 pm

@ yokel22

I beat ya to it.

I have already spoken with him and he said he doesn't have must in the way of free time these days. and he would be more then willing to explain to someone how the plugin works. But he also stated that it would probably be better to rewrite the thing due to the newer version of python being used in EG.

I started on it and I have a basic framework down If someone wants to grab the reins on this They can take over. it's on my github page. or if they want to contribute to it that would help also. I do not have a means to test this thing out but I wanted to get a starting point on it so if someone wanted to they could go from there.

yokel22
Experienced User

Post by yokel22 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Cool, I won't bother then. Wish I could say I had the time to do it. Sadly, I to have too many projects @ the moment.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Damn, I had testing the sonos plugin marked as a project this weekend. :( to bad it doesn't work anymore . I have a bunch of them around the house, but always going trough the app bugs me, wanted to connect them up on the Niko Easywave switches I installed around the house last weekend.
/dequi

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:19 pm

it does work - just gives out a few errors on the beta release of EG. It can also hang a bit from my experience.

As a workaround you can use the soco python library created for controlling Sonos. I find it a bit hard to use but manged to get the play, stop, volume events down. Favorites i'm still working on, and subscribing to the sonos so you get a notification on changes.

KG is working on creating a new plugin, he is a busy man so if you wait a bit i'm sure he'll get around to it.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:14 pm

hey if someone port forwarded their Sonos on their router this could be a whole lot easier for me to work on. this way I could bounce things against a working unit.

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:12 pm

I can probably do that - sent you a PM.