Site Analytics

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Site Analytics

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Well we have been up and running on the new server for 27 days thus far.

EG Downloads - 1494

Visits
Total - 7331
Returning - 2511
Unique - 4820

OS's
Windows 10 - 3542
Windows 7 - 1611
Windows 8.1 - 385
all other OS's - 1793

Device's
Desktop - 6219
Smartphone - 838
Tablet - 224
Phablet - 41
Unknown - 9

This is the really crappy metric.
Bounce rate is 47%. this is the number of people that left after visiting only one page site wide.

This is specifically for the website homepage.
Unique views - 2,433
Only page viewed - 1,036
Bounce Rate - 43%
Average time on the page - 42 seconds.

We have some pretty kick ass numbers. But there are far to many people hitting the homepage and then just leaving. But also for that many people that are downloading EG I do not know if they are continuing to use it. I do not believe they are. I would like to know what needs to be changed/updated for it. I personally believe it's the Shiny car affect going on. If you take 2 cars and they are the same year make and model. one looks like hell but has had all the mechanical bits replaced. and is a solid reliable vehicle. and the second has been done up with new paint. and new interior. it's eye candy but it runs like hell and doesn't drive that nice. but it looks good. the latter would sell first. people would gravitate to it because it has bling to it. This is what is happening with the bounce rate for the index page but I am thinking that the UI of EG is very dated it looks like it is from the late 90's and when you look at something and see that the exterior of it is dated most would believe so is the mechanics. Now I know and you know this is not true. but there are a lot of people that do not go through the forums to find out this information. I believe before the next release of EG we need to institute a what's new box when installing it. But not the traditional what's new deal. because i just close those myself. we have to come up with something that will make people want to read it.

any suggestions and or comments on this would be a great help.

I am currently working on the website. I am thinking I am simply going to do up a functional update website for the time being. and work on something better after that is in place. see if it makes a difference.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Re: Site Analytics

Post by jachin99 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:28 pm

If were getting first time visitors, and they are just leaving then whats new might not really pertain too much to them because they don't even know about all of the old stuff. Maybe something that says, "hey come over here and look at this" and that thing leads them to the forum. Maybe just highlight something new or creative someone around the forum did, or a new plugin. This saves us the burden of constantly having to come up with new content, and it gives us a way to document what is already around the site.