New Location!!!

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

New Location!!!

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:20 pm

We are currently in our new location. Until I can make the proper DNS changes you are going to see the IP of the server instead of eventghost.net or eventghost.org.

MediaWiki is currently down I hope to have that back up and running by this evening.
We should no longer have issues with the file attachments. YAY!!!!

As you can see the forum looks different. that is because we have upgraded to phpBB 3.2 to be able to make use of php 7.0 which is 2 times faster.
We also now have control of every aspect of the webserver including MySQL. this is a good thing because we can tweak it to get better performance.

If something is not functioning properly please drop a line in here so I know.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

zian
Site Admin

Re: New Location!!!

Post by zian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:09 am

AWESOME!!!
But I freaked out at first, before seeing new IP, and didn't see LastPass attempt to fill in my ID n PW.
lol

Great Work Kev.
Somebody buy that guy a drink.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:13 am

I am trying. I can repoint eventghost.net if you PM me the information for the registar we are going to have to do some work on the org. I am not sure what to do about it. Did you send off an e-mail to the technical person for the eventghost.org? and if so any response?

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:25 am

Nope,
No response. Many dead emails not sent.
Can you email with me for the other stuff. Or txt. In the morn?

Been real busy Making America Great Again one trash can and one store and one park and one parking lot and one family down home fiddle production at a time. Just write and tell me what you need. I'll do it in the morning/noon Sunday.

Thanks again for all you done.
Took me by surprise. That's good.
Get n er done. I like that about you.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 pm

So we moved, GREAT work! I hope the wiki follows soon as it was just getting some well deserved attention. Although I would consider using the /wiki/ instead of the /mediawiki/ folder. It's cleaner going forward I guess.

Don't forget there is also a eventghost.de domain as well that needs to be re-routed.

ps; if you need it; just let me know how I can help.
/dequi

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:25 pm

dequi wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 pm
So we moved, GREAT work! I hope the wiki follows soon as it was just getting some well deserved attention. Although I would consider using the /wiki/ instead of the /mediawiki/ folder. It's cleaner going forward I guess.

Don't forget there is also a eventghost.de domain as well that needs to be re-routed.

ps; if you need it; just let me know how I can help.
I agree & good stuff dequi.
Thanks a bunch for what you have done with the wiki too.
When I first came here long ago, and even up until recently, that page was darn near useless/non-existent.
One f the reasons I never went there much at all. I always went to the forums for help/knowledge.
Now the wiki is useful (even though I still don't). Thanks to you.
;)

ps... In my perfect/fantasy world the wiki and every other page at EG (all but the forum) would all look similar.
VERY not important. With me function rules. But "pretty" and consistent is good too.
I'm a dreamer. lol
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:55 pm

I cannot take the credit for the recent wiki updates. At most I've been lurking around, maybe being a bit of a very small flame of some weird inspiration, getting things going. I wish I had the time to contribute more. For today my only contributions are going to be some donations... :D
/dequi

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:06 pm

ok I am liking the new phpbb a lot better already. it puts a number in the tab on the title if i have notifications (people posting in forum topics)

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:23 pm

dequi wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:55 pm
I cannot take the credit for the recent wiki updates. At most I've been lurking around, maybe being a bit of a very small flame of some weird inspiration, getting things going. I wish I had the time to contribute more. For today my only contributions are going to be some donations... :D
I understand. Well who ever worked on the wiki... kudos to them.
I thought it was you. Like I said... I spend very little time there.
And your right... You got this whole ball of change going.
That's a real good thing.

It's fun starting stuff. Specially good stuff.

I am out for a spell.
I got some life to do.
Outdoors & disconnected... in a sense.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:10 pm

HOLY COW!

ok so the MediaWiki is back up and running. and sorry about the SQL errors earlier. had to restart MYSQL server and it had an issue with the socket lock file because of apparmor. but it's all good to go now.

The media wiki is updated to the latest version. I also included some extensions that @Boolean asked for. that is the user that has been updating the MediaWiki sp please make sure you direct your thank you's to him/her.

there is a known error with the Notification settings. we are aware of this and I will be working on this next. If any errors are found in MediaWiki please post them here. I will be moving the MediaWiki location in the near future. as per @dequi. I am going to change something up on it a little tho. it will be accessable from wiki.eventghost.org, net, de i do plan on adding forum.eventghost and github.eventghost as well. maybe a help.eventghost and support.eventghost. any other suggestions and/or changes don't hesitate to ask. since we now have full control of our web hosting the sky is the limit.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:03 am

sorry about any login problems. I am waiting for the DNS to fully propagate. I have changed all of the EventGhost domains (com, net, de, org) to point to the new server and while they do this it is going to cause a hiccup in the cookie data the forum uses. at the moment .net works properly.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 am

OK i seem to have some of the issues sorted dealing with the DNS and cookies. I do apologize for the up and down of the site.

I have the .net DNS set up properly. I have made the changes to .org, .de, and .com and I am still waiting on that to propagate.

I have set a series of pointers in place so the .org, .de, and .com will point to the .net so the cookie data will work properly but also so the IP of the server is not shown.

Also...
forum.eventghost.net brings you to the forum.
wiki.eventghost.net brings you to the MediaWiki.
github.eventghost.net will load the EventGhost github page.

the pieces are put into place for the other 3 domains just waiting on that propagation

Boolean263
Plugin Developer

Post by Boolean263 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:39 am

Awesome work on the migration! Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this. It's already paying off.

And thanks for adding those plugins for MediaWiki! They're not strictly necessary, but they sure are nice to have. (:
Windows 10 Home, version 1703, build 15063.540 · EventGhost 0.5.0-rc4 · wxPython 3.0.2.0
Python programmer for fun and profit. Dabbler in EventGhost plugin writing. Wiki gardener. General geek.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 am

@Boolean263

Thank you for the kind words. All of us working on this project appreciate it.

I don't mind adding features and upgrading things as long as there is a just reason for doing so. and I think I can pretty much speak for everyone on this, if it has to deal with the documentation and also keeping the person that is working on it happy. then i see no reason to not add it. LOL

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 am

Hey guys,
thank you so much for all you've done the last couple of days. Haven't been around for some days and when I came back I was amazed by the new looks of and responsiveness of the forums and the wiki alike.
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi