Finalizing site changes

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
jachin99
Experienced User

Re: Finalizing site changes

Post by jachin99 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:20 pm

A good place to tell others about eventghost

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/28-tweaks-do-yourself/

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Finalizing site changes

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:53 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:00 pm
The only caveat I have is that I can't confirm that performing a redirect via server side code will rank a page differently than redirecting via a canonical link meta tag. As long as both the user and the spiders end up on the same page each time, and only the actual page is receiving all of the page rank, then the end state should be the same. I will add that we need to be sure to redirect www.eventghost.net, .org, etc to the final site as well. Here is more about that...
if you use a 301 redirect which is a permanent redirect this will change google's databases. that is why it is not a good thing to keep on doing this.

I probably should add a r=302 which is a Temporary redirect so the databases do not get updated.

That being said we are not having any luck with the other 3 domains. So i should probably make it a permanent redirect now. this way we will get at the very least a couple of months of the spiders updating the SEO to the eventghost.net domain so when someone does a good search it will show the .net instead of any of the others. There is a good possibility we can lose the .org , .de, and .com because of this move unless someone knows how to get in touch with Bitmonster. The e-mail on the whois for the domain is no good. Someone that uses EG still has to be able to get ahold of him. I just don't know who.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image