About Us

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
jachin99
Experienced User

About Us

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:34 pm

This is the same deal as about EventGhost, and I'm putting this out here so that anyone can provide feedback or suggest improvements.

The EventGhost Project is fully supported by a community of enthusiasts who use both use the platform, and contribute to it daily. Beginners are welcomed to join and ask questions or just have a look around, and experienced technology enthusiasts will feel right at home. the program and forums have been around for almost a decade, and new versions are still being developed. Because anyone can use or modify the program to their liking, users can rest assured that should they choose to invest their time into learning our software, their efforts will pay off in dollars saved for decades to come.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: About Us

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm

the forums have been around a lot longer then a decade. what you are seeing for a date as to when the domain was registered was simply when it changed hands from bitmonster. I can probably get you a date by trying to dig up the oldest post.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:49 pm

this is what I have as a join date for bitmonster. This would be the date the current forum was created

Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:28 pm

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 pm

if memory serves i believe i remember using or trying to use eventghost before i moved to Colorado. and that was 10 years ago. I almost think it was right around 2000 or 2001. I am not 100% sure tho.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Has anyone tried contacting bitmonster, or gotten the story about why he gave it up?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:10 pm

ok this is what I have. 2005 is the year that goes back the furthest. it is on some of the GNU license stuff. the original domain was secured on feb 7 2006.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:13 pm

He gave it up because of ReClock being bought out. and when it got bought out the company that bought it decided not to continue development on it. and this was the tool that was used to keep video and audio in sync on windows. so he migrated to Linux. and because he was no longer going to use Windows saw no need to continue development of EG.

he last logged in September of last year. and from what I have dug up is that he actually still owns the domain.