New Server

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

New Server

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:50 am

Hey folks I wanted to let you all know that we are going to move servers again. Staying with the same host just changing the hardware out. I got a great deal on a server.
For $1.00 USD more a month we make a jump up to the following.

Dual Intel Xenon 6 core @ 3.0 Ghz (12 cores total)
8GB Ram
250GB SSD
33TB bandwidth
1000mbit Link (up and down)

So we get a disk upgrade and also 2.5 times the processing power for only a buck!

I will be making the move later today. The OS is installing at the moment.
There should be 0 downtime.

I will keep everyone informed as to the progress.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: New Server

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:00 pm

OK folks we are now running on the new server. the new IP has propagated to google's name servers. If you can see this post then you are on the new server.
If there are any issues or problems let me know here. I will get them corrected as fast as I can.

I notice that the site is leaps and bounds faster. just about instant page loads.

I also discovered some fucktard trying to do a brute force entry to the root SSH account. I have solved this problem by dynamically banning anyone who is trying to login to that port and providing incorrect usernames or passwords. there were about 40,000 attempts that took place over the past 3 days. and those attempts came from about 500 different IP addresses. There were 2 ip addresses that concerned be because of the sheer number or times they tried. I have reported both of the IP's to our host. The host has black listed those 2 IP addresses at the network level. They said they will keep an eye on the traffic to our server and if they see thousands of connections happening one right after the other in rapid succession they will have me check and see if it is some schmuck at it again.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:38 pm

Keep up the great work!
/dequi

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:52 am

OK so I guess you did see this. LOL