Server Reboot

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Server Reboot

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:17 pm

We seem to be having an issue with really poor disk performance (3.8MB/s) I am not sure is this is a hardware or software problem. so I am going to perform a reboot of the server at 00:00:00 GMT on 4/4/2019 (today/tomorrow). I am hoping that maybe something software wise is causing the issue and will be cleared out after the reboot. But I have a suspicion that this is due to an overloaded server. I already sent in a support ticket for the problem. I am curious to see what kind of song and dance I get from the provider.

Our provider was recently acquired by another company. and thus far I have had money removed from the account that pays for the server 2 times this past month. They asked me to provide screen shots of the charges. which i did. then they closed the support ticket. This is not a fantastic thing to see happening. it has been 18 days since they double charged me. and the closing of the ticket has irked me somewhat. So i demanded that they pay 100% interest per week on the moneys that have been taken and not returned. We will see how much traction that gets. I do have every right to demand that from them, I could have had the moneys invested and been getting that kind of a return (who knows). It was not their automated system that closed the ticket either. Which burns me even more. I am not someone that is going to go away.

I am going to start a backup of the server and forum now. I am hoping it will be done in 7 hours to perform the reboot. The backup normally only take a few minutes but due to the horrid performance of the drives IDK how long it will take. If the backup has not completed I will keep you all informed as to what time it should be done. so the reboot time is really going to be 00:00:00 GMT or when the backup finishes.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image