New version 0.5.0-rc6 is out

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
Radar73

Re: New version 0.5.0-rc6 is out

Post by Radar73 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Yeah it works fine calling the application with -e … I wasn't doing anything complicated with the Eventghost object in vbscript anyways so this works just as well. Is there anyway to prevent the addition of "Main" being added to the event name? For example I sent it eventghost.exe -e "Hello" and it shows up in the log as Main.Hello instead of just Hello.

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:42 am

I'm having problems getting this to run on startup. It appears in shell:startup, but even after making it always run as admin, it doesn't. Shortcut works fine when I click when windows has loaded, but .bat files, shortcuts to .bat files, dragging EG from shell:appsfolder to startup...none of them work.

Edit: finally got in running with taskscheduler running a .bat file with highest privileges when a user logs on.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 am

I can't remember off hand but I think if you specify an event name with a '.' in it then the Main will go away

like Some.Event

the reason for that logic is this.. the Prefix would be event grouping. and the suffix is what is taking place for that grouping.. so if you have a plugin for your TV.. the event would be TV.Power this lets you know 2 things.. what is generating the event. and what the event is. the '.' is also how you do wild carded events.

say you have an Audio Processor that is connected to EG and it generates events for Mute, Volume, changes in the tone.. things of that nature. and you wanted to have an OSD shown.. you can create a single macro and add an event with the prefix followed by .* this will cause all events from the Audio Processor to run the macro.

So as a rule of thumb.. events should always be prefix.suffix hence the reason why EG is adding the Main
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

topix
Experienced User

Post by topix » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:30 pm

blaher wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:42 am
I'm having problems getting this to run on startup. It appears in shell:startup, but even after making it always run as admin, it doesn't. Shortcut works fine when I click when windows has loaded, but .bat files, shortcuts to .bat files, dragging EG from shell:appsfolder to startup...none of them work.

Edit: finally got in running with taskscheduler running a .bat file with highest privileges when a user logs on.
Also you have a solution for you problem, i would be interested if it could be something with your config. May i ask you to try again with an empty config tree an then enable the autostart option in EventGhost's settings?