EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:31 pm

there seems to be some kind of a glitch in the DNS for the domain. it has disappeared all of the special DNS entries for handling the registration emails. These entries were put into place for authentication purposes so the recipients e-mail provider would deliver the email and not trash it as being spam. all of the host records in the DNS control panel have IP's listed that do not point to our server. tho if you query the whois records from any online whois provider it does return the proper server address. so something is really messed up with our domain registars data..

they are looking into it as we speak.. I was placed on hold for them to check.. I do not think they are going to be very happy at what they find.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:34 pm

If you are registering go to out github account by clicking on the "EVENTGHOST REPOSITORY" link to the left of the build icon twords the top of the forum page.

create an issue on our repository asking me to activate your account. leave the username for the forum in there as well.

I will send an email to the address used to create the forum account to verify you are the owner. respond back to my e-mail letting me know that you did ask me to activate your account.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:11 am

OK the e-mail has been patched to work. i set up a gmail account for the forum and I am bouncing the send mails through their SMTP server. This gets the registration activation back up and running as well as the EMail notifications