I have some good news..

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

I have some good news..

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:30 am

I stumbled upon a more recent backup of the website and forum attachments. one that I did right before we changed servers the first time. I have to spend a little bit of time and see how many differences there are with the file attachments and I will upload ones that are missing. I am happy that I stumbled upon this file. I stashed the backup in a safe place. My google drive account. LOL. I ran out of space on it and was getting notifications on my phone, so i went to investigate.. it was a video I took that was taking up 5 gigs. But during the process of locating the file that was the cause I found the backup.

I knew I had a more recent copy that I put in a safe place.. just couldn't remember where the hell it was!!!!
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

skribb
Experienced User

Re: I have some good news..

Post by skribb » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm

the bigger question here is ... what happens with EG when you move on to other things?
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: v0.5.0-rc4

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:06 am

Oh i'm not going anywhere for the foreseeable future... and even if I decided to not be active I would still pay for the hosting. I would imagine that someone that everyone feels comfortable with would come along to continue the work.

which reminds me.. I have to take care of something.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:46 am

Great find, must have felt like finding a treasure when you were not even looking for it.
So how many additional attachments did you get, I tought I was at 90% did you find the missing 471?
/dequi

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:46 pm

I have not gotten the time to do all of the parsing of the thing just yet. I will do that later today or early tomorrow. and see how many additional are in it.

do you remember the date on the backup you had off hand? This one was done on the same day I moved the site the first time.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Last I had was from the 5 September 2017 (I think that was the one I was able to restore). If you can't find the time send it over and I'll have a look over the weekend. You know where to find me.
/dequi

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:01 pm

I have family coming in this weekend and they are going to be here for a month. I will upload it to the website and I will PM you a link to it. I will get that done today.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:19 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:01 pm
I have family coming in this weekend and they are going to be here for a month. I will upload it to the website and I will PM you a link to it. I will get that done today.
I expect family was there sooner than you expected :D . Didn't get a PM
/dequi