Server Down

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Server Down

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:18 am

I am sorry about the server being down. those ass munches over at the hosting company decided to move the server. not give any warning of doing so. and only sent an e-mail after they did it. and also changed the IP address (for some reason that is unknown to me)

They mucked up a whole bunch of things when doing this. I am extremely pissed off about it. I am still looking for a new host. I am looking for a dedicated server. I think I have a company I am going to go with. I am still grunting over the monthly charge. This is the only way we are going to be sure that the resources are only used by us. and that no one is going to mess about with overloading the machine or giving allocations to resources that are simply not available. and also moving the website without letting us know they are doing this to be able to prepare for it.

This is one of those times when i wish i could reach through the screen and choke someone. (the people at the hosting company). I do not know what shit head came up with the whole process of "lets move a bunch of servers, change their IP addresses... and not tell them until after we did it" I would like to meet the sphincter spelunker that thought that was a fantastic idea and made it happen.

bunch of ass hats over there.

sorry for this post being R rated. I am extremely pissed off about this. This adds to the ever growing list of crap they are doing since the original host got "acquired"

I still have not gotten a refund from them taking the money 2 times last month. And the new bill just came in with no credit on it.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image