The current __init__.py is attached in its current form. If you decide to try it out, you must do the following:
- Create a web application over at this page.
- Add "http://localhost:8025" to "Redirect URIs" on the same page.
- Make sure to activate the EventGhost Webserver plugin and set it up to use port 8025.*
- Copy the client ID and client secret from your application page. It will be used when configuring the plugin.
- Add the plugin and enter your client ID, client secret and Spotify username.
- (For now): Run the "Get initial access token" action.
After following the above steps, you should be able to use the "Add current song to playlist" action. You will have to feed it a playlist ID. If you right click any playlist and click Share > Copy Spotify URI, the ID will be the numbers after the last colon.
Right now I'm trying to make the process of retrieving access/refresh tokens more automatic. It'd also be cool if the plugin didn't have to rely on the Webserver plugin - at least not running on a specific port. After that, it'd be nice if the "Add current song to playlist" function was able to store playlists (preferably their names), and you could select them from a dropdown menu instead of manually getting the ID.
Theoretically, a plugin like this should be able to do pretty much anything the API allows. Moving forward we'll have to figure out what's practical and how to implement it all. This is my first time working on a plugin, so I could use some help/feedback.
Thanks for checking this out.
Edit: Forgot to mention: I've been saving this in plugins\SpotifyWebAPI. Not sure if the folder name matters.
Edit 2: I set up a GitHub repo but have no idea what I'm doing. Feel free to lecture me, I'll take no offense.