XBMC EventClient

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
topfs2

XBMC EventClient

Post by topfs2 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi, this is my first EventGhost plugin and it's very shaky at best. It wrapps the XBMC EventClient system so EventGhost can send directly to a remote XBMC.
Currently it's only tested against a XBMC for linux but it *should* work against windows aswell.

This plugin is mostly to get the ball rolling and is way pre-alpha but I wanted to post it before my trip. Therefore I'm not going to be able to keep it updated throughout the summer :)

Anyway. here it is. It relies currently on having the standardised keymap.xml but will in the future not rely on that.
Only arrow keys and select will work on xbox verision currently.

offtopic: if any moderator could change my username to topfs2 instead that would be awesome as that's my userame on xbmc.org aswell, I missed the 's' when I registered.
Attachments
XBMC.zip
(6.65 KiB) Downloaded 772 times

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Re: XBMC EventClient

Post by Bitmonster » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Nice, but will only work with the old 0.3.5 version. Needs some updates for 0.3.6.
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Post by Bitmonster » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:45 pm

I've changed your username, but this involves also a change of your password. I hope you got an email with the new one. If not, you need to register a second account and inform me.
Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered, if really private, thanks!

topfs3

Post by topfs3 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 am

No the password didn
t make it, hehe. You can send it to either topfs2 _at_ xbmc.org or tobias.arrskog _at_ gmail.com

I do plan on update it, and give it much more options, I rushed it out before my vaccination as a proof of concept to anyone in xbmc or eventghosts community.

Thanks alot for all your help.

Cheers topfs2

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Post by Bitmonster » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Ok, I've sent the password to your xbmc email.

topfs2

Post by topfs2 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:40 am

Thanx alot for all your help! In the autumn Ill look into updating it to support more of XBMC and the newer EventGhost system

Topfs2

kricker
Experienced User

Post by kricker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:15 am

I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

kirs
Plugin Developer

Post by kirs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:28 pm

I've taken over development of this plugin. The latest version is attached which is working with EventGhost 0.3.6.1476 and Atlantis Beta 1.

The plugin now supports all remote buttons as well as some extra commands for people with programmable remotes like Harmony.

The code is stable at this point and I will continue to add features on request. I plan on adding at least a configurable "execute plugin" button.

EDIT: See official support thread for the download

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1005
Last edited by kirs on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Post by Bitmonster » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm

I have added the plugin to the SVN trunk. It will be included in the next beta. If you want to have SVN write access, give me your SourceForge username and I'll add you.

kirs
Plugin Developer

Post by kirs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Thank you. I will send my SF info in a PM.

Bitmonster
Site Admin

Post by Bitmonster » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm

You have been added. You can also open up a support thread in the Plugin forum for this plugin.