SunTracker plugin

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
Pako
Plugin Developer

Re: SunTracker plugin

Post by Pako » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:43 pm

manjh wrote:Nothing there to configure-.
Close EG and open in explorer:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\EventGhost

Move the file config.py to some other location. Restart EG and if everything is fine, attach the old config.py here so we can see what was wrong.
manjh wrote: See attached.
???
Pako

manjh

Post by manjh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Pako wrote:
manjh wrote:Nothing there to configure-.
Close EG and open in explorer:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\EventGhost

Move the file config.py to some other location. Restart EG and if everything is fine, attach the old config.py here so we can see what was wrong.
manjh wrote: See attached.
???
Pako
No, same thing.
Perhaps if you could describe what I should do to get things up and running?
I've unzipped, placed the SunTracker folder in the Plugin folder, but from there I am guessing.

jinxdone
Plugin Developer

Post by jinxdone » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Yes, the installation should be that simple, just make sure you have the __init__.py and the two .png files that are in the .zip file placed in EventGhost\plugins\SunTracker\ directory.

Do you get a window that looks like this when you configure the plugin? If so, have you tried adding the suntracker action/macro, and if that does not work what errors exactly are you getting?
Attachments
st.jpg

manjh

Post by manjh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:23 pm

jinxdone wrote:Yes, the installation should be that simple, just make sure you have the __init__.py and the two .png files that are in the .zip file placed in EventGhost\plugins\SunTracker\ directory.

Do you get a window that looks like this when you configure the plugin? If so, have you tried adding the suntracker action/macro, and if that does not work what errors exactly are you getting?
yes, I do get that screen. Then try to add a macro with SunTracker, and that's when the error lines pop up.

manjh

Post by manjh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:26 pm

am trying to attach a file that shows the errors, but somehow even that is failing. Must be one of those days.
It keeps telling me "extension not allowed". Have tried docx, doc, and rtf.....
Attachments
errors.jpg

jinxdone
Plugin Developer

Post by jinxdone » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Here, try this version.

Seems like one setting for the SpinNumCtrl (the number boxes in the config dialog) is conflicting with some settings that are normally fetched from the locale. Probably the original author of this plugin did not happen across this problem since it works without modifications in his locale (as it so it happens works fine in my locale also).

-> groupChar = ' ',
-> decimalChar = '.',
Have to be different from each other.. I set groupChar to an empty space in this case.

That should be another bug squashed, thanks for your efforts!
Attachments
2009-03-15_suntracker_complete.zip
(61.08 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

manjh

Post by manjh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:05 am

jinxdone wrote:Here, try this version.

Seems like one setting for the SpinNumCtrl (the number boxes in the config dialog) is conflicting with some settings that are normally fetched from the locale. Probably the original author of this plugin did not happen across this problem since it works without modifications in his locale (as it so it happens works fine in my locale also).

-> groupChar = ' ',
-> decimalChar = '.',
Have to be different from each other.. I set groupChar to an empty space in this case.

That should be another bug squashed, thanks for your efforts!
Yes, when I open the macro it now gives me a complete screen with fields to fill in... phew, that's a relief. At least I got my sanity back, was beginning to think I lost my mind.
Now on to the next step, configuration. I've never seen longitude and latitude is this annotation, when I look at my SatNav I get nn.nn.nn, not nn.nnnn.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:30 am

Hi there,
This is a non-supported version. I have made a newer one with some more functions here:

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtop ... f=10&t=982

But it is still not with the SpinNumCtrl fix, I will look into that and make an update, I have also made some further changes (hopefully improvements)

To get your coordinates, you can use this link

http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

Best regards, Walter

manjh

Post by manjh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:53 am

krambriw wrote:Hi there,
This is a non-supported version. I have made a newer one with some more functions here:

But it is still not with the SpinNumCtrl fix, I will look into that and make an update, I have also made some further changes (hopefully improvements)

Best regards, Walter
Thanks, I found the coordinates. It's only a one-time job (until I move house...), but I would still prefer to enter the coordinates in the usual nn.nn.nn format, like Google Earth does, and SatNavs. Never mind, as long as it works....

But it doesn't! The calculated sun times are: rise 0337, set 1543.
I looked it up in the tables, sun times for today here are: rise 0654, set 1846.
I'll attach a snapshot of my config screen.
Attachments
SunTracker screen.jpg

manjh

Post by manjh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:25 am

manjh wrote:
krambriw wrote:Hi there,

Best regards, Walter
Thanks, I found the coordinates. It's only a one-time job (until I move house...), but I would still prefer to enter the coordinates in the usual nn.nn.nn format, like Google Earth does, and SatNavs. Never mind, as long as it works....

But it doesn't! The calculated sun times are: rise 0337, set 1543.
I looked it up in the tables, sun times for today here are: rise 0654, set 1846.
I'll attach a snapshot of my config screen.
Figured it out.... I swapped latitude and longitude.... :shock:
It now comes up with the right rise and set times.
Also looked at that moving ghost option, looks very useful! Can't wait until you fix that bug in there so I can use that version!

jinxdone
Plugin Developer

Post by jinxdone » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:08 am

krambriw:

If you want people to use the moving ghost version of the plugin only, could you edit the first post of this thread and put a little notice there with a link to the other plugin thread?

That should help people find the right one to use. :roll:

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks jinxdone,

I did that and many thanks for the hint with the SpinCtrl problem! I did not know about that problem...

Best regards, Walter