Event Ghost event launcher

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Re: Event Ghost event launcher

Post by Luca Brasi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Code: Select all

Main.Monday on a Sunday, so what i did was copy and rename
Ah alright. Didn't get your question. I guess it is the easiest way how you solved it.

I'll show you another way though so you can test better which you might need sometimes. Especially for your next question.
Add a macro "Eventghost: Trigger Event" like that
screen_mmnote_20151115_232043.jpg
You can fire it manually by F5 and you will get the Main.Sunday event.
I'll add it to the xml.

Now...
I have added 4 Sunday's macro in one folder and (I think ) that i enable the next one exclusively, please can you have a look at this sample i attached as the results is I am getting all the macros loading, am I on the right track?

Yes you are! I loaded your xml and it works here as expected.
[attachment=1]screen_mmnote_20151115_232621.jpg[/attachment]
You know what. I guess you had it set up. All sunday macros where active and so all where triggered on the Main.Sunday. It would have worked as soon you triggered it again. Cause then only one of them (the second one) would have been active...

The time is {TIME} and this date is {DATE} this in text to speech reads the time is hour colon minutes colon and the date is 15 November 2015 how can i get rid of hearing the colon

Puh man, sorry, I have no experience with the speech feature. I guess you will have to pass the date and time in a format which is interpreted correctly by the speech module. Don't know what that might be.
On my system it reads the time right but the date is spelled with "point" between day/month/year. This might be fixed in your windows region settings. You can tell windows there that it should read 23:58:32 as a time. But be aware that this would be the standard for your whole system then. You can still try just for testing purposes though.

[attachment=0]screen_mmnote_20151115_233728.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
screen_mmnote_20151115_233728.jpg
screen_mmnote_20151115_232621.jpg
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:45 pm

I can not add more then three attachments which is ridiculious. So here comes the xml in its own post...
Attachments
mygorge_VersionLuca20151115.xml
(5.04 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

allalone747
Experienced User

Post by allalone747 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 pm

Luca: Thank for your great help with a dummy like me thank you: thank you.
I did some entries in this project,and I am asking you please have a look and say if this should work. In the Trigger event Sunday macro: I added the Trigger Monday as well if this will work then i plan to add the rest of the day's in , or do i have to do them separately as shown Trigger Monday .
In the Sunday Macro , Sunday 3 i add the Enable Exclusive Sunday I am thinking that this would loop back to entry one would this be correct?
Please have a look at the attach

Thank you Cheers
Attachments
projectgrounded.xml
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:39 am

It should work like that. Just give it a try!

allalone747
Experienced User

Post by allalone747 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Hello Luca, good day to you, I am very pleased to let you know that I had my project running for some weeks to see if my macro’s work and so far all seems to heading in the right direction, I cannot thank you enough for you helping with my file allalone747.xml, I have created macros which in turn enable exclusive the next macro, and if shut down Event ghost several times during the day when it start it would say the same thing, that’s fine with me.
Thank you
Once again I need your help on this extension of this project, because I am not a script or programming writer I have to call on you Sir, I am thinking of creating a Calendar for 2016, in this calendar I want to enter a diary style layout, what I want Event Ghost when starts up it would then read the text that is entered in the day’s file, if it’s an appointment it would tell me the time for the appointment let's say that it was for 10:00 am if event ghost starts up at 09:15 I will be reminded, but if it was 10:03 it would not remind me because the time was already lapsed.
This calendar had months, weeks and days inside, if I want to edit a comment in any of the day’s I would just open the calendar and edit it, I will need to create a macro link in event ghost to each day.
Is there a way to enter a macro to read text through event ghost, would this required a python script or, are there a macro in event ghost that would handle this, i am unable to send my file folder, and also word docx are not allowed to send,

Please can you assist me with your knowledge, I am most grateful
Cheers

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi, I guess first of all you should have a look what is available already. I think there was some kind of Google calendar plug-in and you should have a look at the scheduler plug-in. Head over to the plug-in section and investigate. I am sure you'll find something there...

allalone747
Experienced User

Post by allalone747 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Hello Luca
Good evening thanks for your reply, I did have a look what was available on the forum ,but could not find any,
What i am asking is how to get event ghost read me text from a file i attach a file with text
what action can i use for event ghost to read text.
Thanks,
cheers
Attachments
Monday.txt
(260 Bytes) Downloaded 120 times

allalone747
Experienced User

Post by allalone747 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Hello Luca
A very good evening to you, I thank you for your help with this project i have now put it together,and It is working fine,each week will start up correctly i would close eventghost and then restart i will have the same text read out each time for that day, which is perfect .
My only issue is , how do i get different reading for each month
What i men't is do i have to create different xml for each month so for January, week 1,2,3,4 then make another xml for February week 1,2,3,4 and so on, then load up each month , so the next one would be for February, and the rest of the year or is there a script which would just trigger the next month,
example January week 1,2,3,4 then a trigger to February week 1,2,3,4 trigger March week 1,2,3,4, is this possible
thanks