Webserver plugin - associate events with action

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
mertoz

Webserver plugin - associate events with action

Post by mertoz » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:10 pm

I am quite new to all the stuff so please correct me if I am wrong. I prepared a webpage where I can send parameters of format "?a1", "?b1",etc.. The first format will be used to trigger a run of a program for a file 1. The problem is that there are 20 of such files that can be run. So I am interested if I have to manualy associate all these events to this action or is there any other way to associate them automatically (ex. if event is of format "?aX" this mean that it is asociaciated with the action run, if "?bY" take some other action..)

stottle
Plugin Developer

Re: Webserver plugin - associate events with action

Post by stottle » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:30 am

You should be able to use something like "*{?}ay*" and "*{?}by*" in your events to wildcard and get those groups into a single action for each program. Is that what you are looking for?

The "*" is a multi character wildcard, and the "?" character is a single character wildcard. The "{?}" is necessary to match the question mark character instead of the single character wildcard.

Brett