OnkyoISCP plugin

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
WoLpH
Experienced User

Re: OnkyoISCP plugin

Post by WoLpH » Wed May 24, 2017 9:17 pm

You, sir, are a poet :lol: Thank you for making me smile this day

And yes, you may call me wolphie (you wouldn't be the only one either).
Author of the book Mastering Python. Got Python questions? Perhaps I can help :)

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Fri May 26, 2017 5:02 am

justahotbag2 wrote:Thanks buddy, sometimes you can help someone by exposing how dumb they are. i.e. "see you're problem here is, that you're stupid."
I think you mean 'your problem', not 'you're problem', unless that was just for more comedic effect? :)

It is a very useful plugin. It hasn't got me laid yet, but adjusting the volume based on the input source is just one feature I like. Querying whether it has power on also lets me know whether someone is in the room for scene automation.

I still haven't got around the IR interfering/conflicting with plugins network volume auto-repeat, but one day!

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello there blaher, you got me. I did mean the latter, and that would have been poor comedic effect, I just write from the heart, and my heart is always wrong. I blame my mother, free diving/holding her breath while pregnant. I am not particularity funny, nor poetic, perhaps more barely amusing, like the Sunday Comics. That said, I must figure a way to stay on topic while addressing the notion, of how EG, it's creators, current day maintainers, there tiny little typing fingers and this particular AV plugin :P , are really the world's greatest wing-men.

See, the way I see it, and I'm blind in one eye. Is that EG and this particular plugin :| (kgschlosser is :roll: at me) is like a ticking sex bomb in a gift wrapped box. You don't know when, it's going to go off, but it's going to go off. My heart and America's fore-fathers tells me so. Was it Ben Franklin that said if you believe it will get you laid, or you do not, either way, you are correct. I think so. However, like women it must accommodate/hit some peculiar notes and in the right order.

i.e. I hate to say that simply changing the volume on an input change isn't going to do it. For one, it's "invisible" to the public (or our imaginary lady/or dude it's 2017 or something like that; sitting on couch). We need to focus on something visible, subtle, personable, classy, and finally surprising. I know it's an exhausting list, why do we even bother (With all these Plugins kgschollsser (that's a long username, does anybody just call you schlong?))

See, with my other eye, I see it this way. Someday, I'll have a lady friend over, we'll be chillin' on the couch, in my home alone, and hopefully some damn body will call me, instead of text. I'll get up, and while my back is turned answer the call, (because the hero never watches the explosion go off) she'll be staring at me/you walking away from her and suddenly the music will lower, which will startle her for just a second, because I never mentioned anyone else was there. ###["She'll stay on topic and start to wonder about the long hours that WoLpHie, kgschollsser, and Pako put in to EG."] While I casually tell the caller on the other end of the line while I stare out the window that the contract isn't ready to sign. When I 'm done, and return to her, she'll ask is anyone else here? No Hon, why? - Who lowered the music? I'll dismissively smile, and say my home just likes me, she's considerate like that.

I've brought another woman into her mind and a threesome happens. That was a surprise to even me. Run the plates. Congratulations to every damn one of us.

WoLpH
Experienced User

Post by WoLpH » Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 pm

What also works great with the ladies is a few automated curtains combined with domoticz and homekit-bridge.

Nothing gets that engine going better than "Hey siri, close the curtains" and seeing the curtains close in front of your eyes
Author of the book Mastering Python. Got Python questions? Perhaps I can help :)

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:12 pm

{Spock Eyebrow Curl} Let me take some notes from the WoLpH, that boy is good! Adding items to wish list...

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:56 am

ok better yet... i'm watching a movie. someone comes to my door and rings the doorbell. my movie pauses (or the music gets muted if the radio is playing) the lights come up just a smidge so i don't fall on my ass trying to see in the dark. or get my puples blown out with foll light. a pip window appears on my TV screen (actually any screen that is on in my home) with a video feed of the camera at my door.

tools used.

ZWave magnetic door sensor for an alarm
MicasaVerde Vera 3 ZWave controller
Super cheap 35 dollar PTZ WiFi camera.
EG with the various plugins to control the different devices
Some custom python code to display the video feed from the camera

get me laid???? nah. Got me so excited the first time the whole thing actually worked that i thought i got laid.. YUP

the trick is in the door sensor. i ditched the magnet didn't need it. and since a doorbell if a big electromagnet that will do the trick. nice thing is it's only magnetic when someone presses the button. tripping the alarm sensor. sends that it the Vera 3 and the Vera sends the Event to EG. and the rest i am guessing you can figure out.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

WoLpH
Experienced User

Post by WoLpH » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 am

That's quite a cool hack :)

I would say a universal sensor is easier though: https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/univ ... ry-sensor/

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:53 am

how would that be easier then simply setting the door sensor on top of my doorbell?? and this will not work with 20 volts AC and would have to be wired in somehow.

WoLpH
Experienced User

Post by WoLpH » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Well, you can wire it straight to the button in most cases. But perhaps your door bell has a slightly more eccentric make

Most door bells I've seen here are 12v dc

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:48 pm

If you live in the US almost all doorbells are 20 VAC

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

WoLpH
Experienced User

Post by WoLpH » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Really? Sounds pretty odd to me, I get the 20 volts but AC seems weird to me. Is that 60hz just like the grid?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:29 pm

I would imagine so. I do know that in my basement there is a transformer that is attached to my doorbell button. And to my doorbell. The 2 pieces are wired in series to the transformer. So when you press the button it connects the second wire off the transformer to the bell. And thus the bell will ring. I never really got into it to much. Because the simplicity of using a magnetic door/window sensor works just fine without having to touch any wiring. Simply put a battery in the sensor. Connect the zwave set the thing on top of the doorbell chime. And arm the sensor. When the doorbell gets used it charges up the electromagnet in the doorbell and that trips the alarm sensor generating an event in EventGhost. Then you are off and running from there. I even use EG to turn on and off the sump pumps in my basement. By checking to see what the water level in the basin is. This is far more reliable then the floats that come with the pumps. And I also check if there is any flooding in my laundry room just in case a hose goes bad. It turns on and off my gas fireplaces. I am going to have it monitor the Delta T rise in my furnace. This is the difference between the incoming air temp and outgoing air temp. The larger the difference or higher the rise the less air is flowing across the heat exchanger. This would be caused by a clogged/dirty filter. But I have not gotten that far yet

pege

Post by pege » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 am

I'm having problems with this plugin.

I have tried this plugin on four different computers running EventGhost. I got it working on one of them, so I know that the commands I send are valid.
I see the log entry that the plugin is connected to my receiver, but when I send a command nothing happens. The weird thing is that if I change the volume using the remove control I can see a message in the log telling me the new volume. That way I know I'm connected to the receiver.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I can't send commands to my receiver from three out of four computers, but I can see updates from the receiver?

I have a Onkyo TX-NR656.
I'm running EventGhost 0.5.0-rc4
I have tried the version installed with EventGhost and the one from https://github.com/WoLpH/EventGhost-Onkyo-ISCP-plugin
I have disabled my firewall

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 pm

@pege
First let me say that I didn't make this plugin and I'm just some dude that barely knows his left cheek from his right cheek, that said, I often end up with spaghetti sauce on my ass and shit on my face. Remember that, before you notice I don't know anything, and didn't help you at all, and will owe you two Susan B. Anthony sized cupcakes for your time wasted.

So, you have incoming data, but no outgoing, that tells me nothing, but at least I have written it down for you.

Okay about your network card; Do you have girl or boy drivers?..
If you're running girl drivers, she's muted. Solution is obvious, detrimental, and irreversible. The mute option will become greyed out after one use a.k.a Lock up all ammunition in your home, get black-out drunk and bury the key in either yard.

If running boy drivers. Visit any scantily-clad website twice for 3-5 mins, with a 10-30 min rest period in between, depending on the age of your machine. The only solution on here I can guarantee. Boy drivers are more reliable and nothing if not predictable, but will also reliably stop working if you place a beer on your machine. (If you place it only near your machine it will form condensation and short-out. a.k.a also how you figure out which kind you have.)

(What I meant to say is maybe check/change your ports, are they the same on all machines, can they all ping your receiver, can you visit the Onkyo Receiver HTML page, by typing it's IP address into a web browser?)
(I am actually a frightened child with gun, shooting in a dark, person-filled room, hoping to make holes that let light in.)
(OK actually, I'm hoping to find a second thing out of wack, to help you get help, from someone that knows something about anything.)

I have read this entire thread, and at least once, there has been some sensitivity to network card drivers, so are you up to date? If so, I personally would try reinstalling them from scratch. Don't get triggered/insulted but might you have two firewalls running? If you are running Anti-Virus does it have some network protections built-in? Basically I would strip down your windows start-up to her underwear and tell us what kind she wears. Is it a thong, string bikini, or boy shorts? If it's V-Cut get her an update immediately.

My point being, you might have a software conflict a.k.a. her bra is undersized and making her uncomfortable, and a too small thong can leave marks on her hips, and cut down circulation to her networking down-nether.

P.S. I realize what year it is, but If your machine is wearing or God-Forbid running with a banana hammock, none of this will help whatsoever, and in which case I want to know even less than nothing, so blank log files, and nothing graphical, like at all.

Double P.S. I will check if there is an issue having more than one EG running PC trying to connect to the receiver, that said a work around might be to have your always on PC be the central hub of commands to your Receiver, meaning having it receive all the commands from the other computers, I'm working on such a layout but also trying to upgrade to EG 0.5 at the same time, which gave me some much trouble, I actually gave up the battle, but not the war. I will get it working. But two identical versions of EG should work fine connected with the plugin TCPEvents. Maybe try posting over there, for any help with that.

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 pm

@Wolphie hoping he still checks this forum, I have recently started using the Internet radio function and notice that I get a

OnkyoISCP.NSTp--

Constantly coming from the receiver is that a ping to keep things alive?
Maybe it was there all along, can this be used somehow?
I'm thinking maybe it can be used as a sort of "check" in order to reset the plugin if it goes dead.
Is this/was the intended purpose?
Does anyone else use this for anything, in case Wolphie isn't available.