Where to find Object & Command reference?

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
jwka

Where to find Object & Command reference?

Post by jwka » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 pm

I have read (I guess) all pages of the EventGhost Website.

Since not being too familiar with Object oriented programming and Python, I would love to find some more in depth reference and manuals for the programming capabilities of the Python Scripts, especially for the eg.Objects.

I.e.:
- what Properties and (especially) Methods does the eg.GLOBALS have?

Is there any kind of reference guide (a bit more than this: http://www.eventghost.org/docs/eg/index.html)

Thanks!
jwka

stottle
Plugin Developer

Re: Where to find Object & Command reference?

Post by stottle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:17 pm

eg.globals is just an instance of a convenience class for holding variables/objects. There aren't any properties or methods besides those that are part of python

Code: Select all

object
class. If you open up the python shell, you can do interesting things like

Code: Select all

type(eg.globals)
dir(eg.globals)
Since there isn't a lot of additional documentation, I would recommend using an editor like notepad++, which allows you to search for strings in any of the eg *.py files, plus the python shell.

Brett

stottle
Plugin Developer

Post by stottle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 pm

The above is for generic questions - good idea to learn to fish, so to speak. If you have specific questions, feel free to post.

Brett

jwka

Post by jwka » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:00 pm

ok. will try out the "fishing" aspect ... I just wodered if there is a more EG specific "Languale / Module Reference" where I could read the valid methos and attributes supplied by EG in general.

Thanks
jwka