Network events receiver/sender and "withouRelease"

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
miljbee
Experienced User

Network events receiver/sender and "withouRelease"

Post by miljbee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Hello,

I am currently rewriting the network events receiver and sender in C#.

I had a look at the python code of the built in plugins to reproduce the same behaviour.

It works, and I will share the code with you, but before, I would like to understand why the network event sender will always send "payload withoutRelease" ?
From what I have understood, it will force the network event receiver to always trigger enduring events. Further more I can't see any code that sends the "ButtonReleased" string to trigger endlastevent.

Can someone be kind enough to clarify all this for me please !

Regards,
miljbee
TCP Events : A Better Network Event Sender/Receiver Plugin.
The Network Event Sender/Receiver in C#
Get events in EG from Google Calendar.

stottle
Plugin Developer

Re: Network events receiver/sender and "withouRelease"

Post by stottle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:56 am

My understanding is that the plugin is supposed to be compatible with NetRemote. The enduring events are ended in the network receiver plugin when the connection is closed (handle_close and initiate_close functions).

Why rewrite in C#?

Brett

miljbee
Experienced User

Re: Network events receiver/sender and "withouRelease"

Post by miljbee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 am

Why rewrite in C#?
Because I have some code written in C# to get info from my powermetter, my home security system, and some other things. And I need some way to make them exchange events with eg. Plus, I Love C# !

Concerning the network event sender, I find it strange how it behaves, because the network event receiver is able to generate enduring events or not, and also to generate events with payload. The code in the network event sender is ready to send all this, but the map gui doesn't allow this ....
miljbee
TCP Events : A Better Network Event Sender/Receiver Plugin.
The Network Event Sender/Receiver in C#
Get events in EG from Google Calendar.