Anyone planning to continue core development?

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
Livin
Experienced User

Re: Anyone planning to continue core development?

Post by Livin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Brett,
I installed the latest version and a few plugins - I recommend including the plugins in the install on future versions for ease of use and to ensure compatibility :)

I've seen several issues...

a) I installed the plugins 'MceRemote_Vista', 'XBMC repeat', 'USB-UIRT' but it is not working for me. At first I was not receiveing any errors but commands were not making it to XBMC (dharma rc2) - using Harmony (programmed as MCE remote).

b) Now, 2nd day of using it, I get an error on load of SH... 9:42:19 AM Failed to load actions for XBMC . Plugin not loaded.
- I tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling, same issue

c) SH does not check to see if it is already loaded, so multiples can load into memory - possibly causing hangs (see below)

d) at least 30% of the time SH hangs. It shows loaded in Task Manager with ~11MB used and 0% CPU. I must kill the process. It will allow me to load more and i have had 4,6 processes loaded at the same time - had to kill them all and start again.
- once loaded properly, i have not seen a problem but I have not been able to use it for more then 15 mins or so.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Livin wrote:a) I installed the plugins 'MceRemote_Vista', 'XBMC repeat', 'USB-UIRT' but it is not working for me. At first I was not receiveing any errors but commands were not making it to XBMC (dharma rc2) - using Harmony (programmed as MCE remote).
To get the XBMC plugin to detect Dharma beta2, I needed to change the process detection code in the XBMC plugin SatoriHub\plugins\XBMC\__init__.py

Code: Select all

FindXBMC = hub.WindowMatcher(u'XBMC.exe',u'XBMC Media Center',u'SDL_app',None, None, 0, True, 0.0, 0)
To:

Code: Select all

FindXBMC = hub.WindowMatcher(u'XBMC.exe',u'XBMC',u'XBMC',None, None, 0, True, 0.0, 0)
jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

stottle
Plugin Developer

Post by stottle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:32 am

I'd made Joni's change in the plugin, but I guess I forget to upload it. XBMC version 5.3 is available now. Hopefully that will help on that front. Hopefully that fixes a (thanks again, Joni).

b) it will give you that error if you save an actions for a plugin and then remove the plugin. Are XBMC actions available in the Signals UI?

c) it should be checking. It is supposed to start a COM instance and then bring that to the foreground if it is already running. What OS are you running?

d)
i have not seen a problem but I have not been able to use it for more then 15 mins or so
You mean it freezes within 15 minutes, or you quit after 15 minutes?

Thanks for the feedback,
Brett

Livin
Experienced User

Post by Livin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 am

b) I have installed it and tried it, no changes.
c) Win7 x64
d) I meant I have only used it a few minutes since it I could not test much. But is hangs upon initial load - often.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

stottle
Plugin Developer

Post by stottle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:02 am

Would you mind deleting XBMC from the installed plugins (in the UI) and seeing if it is that plugin that is causing the instability? I use MceRemote and USB-UIRT and haven't had any problems - isolating the trouble to that plugin (or not) will help in troubleshooting.

As for including all of the plugins with the installer (from your earlier post) - I think that goes against where EG (from the 0.4 beta) and SatoriHub want to go, doesn't it?

Brett

Livin
Experienced User

Post by Livin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 am

stottle wrote:Would you mind deleting XBMC from the installed plugins (in the UI) and seeing if it is that plugin that is causing the instability? I use MceRemote and USB-UIRT and haven't had any problems - isolating the trouble to that plugin (or not) will help in troubleshooting.

As for including all of the plugins with the installer (from your earlier post) - I think that goes against where EG (from the 0.4 beta) and SatoriHub want to go, doesn't it?

Brett

I'll test it without XBMC this week.

I meant to include the plugins in the alpha stages... just for testing to ensure stability. No biggie either way - just a thought.