Could someone write a Plugin for Mobile Air Mouse for me?

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
Clddleopard

Could someone write a Plugin for Mobile Air Mouse for me?

Post by Clddleopard » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 pm

I use EventGhost for my media pc, but I don't know Python at all. Would anyone out there be willing to write a plugin for Mobile Air Mouse so that EventGhost can see events generated by Mobile Air Mouse (an iPhone app that is really pretty cool)? I think that would be pretty cool.
Thanks for thinking about it!

Livin
Experienced User

Re: Could someone write a Plugin for Mobile Air Mouse for me?

Post by Livin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:06 am

Point us to the MAM documentation that has info on how to interface with it or a way to intercept the commands sent by the remote to the server... EG needs something to look for and a way to decode it.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

Clddleopard

Post by Clddleopard » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:18 am

Hmmm... I don't really know much about its inner workings. It runs over a wi-fi network, and you can make hot-keys to run VBscripts (I don't know how to write VB either!). Is this something that can't be done because it's not an open source program?

Livin
Experienced User

Post by Livin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:24 am

Do more research on it... maybe post on the apps forums and you might get some help there. If no one here is using it you may be out of luck unless you do it on your own or provide all the necessary info to someone on this forum.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system