Will a script solve this Android music issue?

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
mikehende
Experienced User

Will a script solve this Android music issue?

Post by mikehende » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Hey guys, so I am looking into another music situation. I have tried the Braina Android app which is good, solid and reliable but problem is with a playlist running in MediaMonkey, when I speak a command on my android to play any specific tune in MM, when the tune is done playing this interrupts or stops the playlist.

Can you guys tell me if a script writer would be able to fix this issue please?

skribb
Experienced User

Re: Will a script solve this Android music issue?

Post by skribb » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:21 pm

mikehende wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:40 pm
Hey guys, so I am looking into another music situation. I have tried the Braina Android app which is good, solid and reliable but problem is with a playlist running in MediaMonkey, when I speak a command on my android to play any specific tune in MM, when the tune is done playing this interrupts or stops the playlist.

Can you guys tell me if a script writer would be able to fix this issue please?
I know nothing about MM, but...

How does MM start playing a tune when you command it via voice?

if the function that activates just plays an audio file, I can understand why your current playlist is erased or interrupted.
If your voice command is supposed to append the file into your current playlist and then enqueue/play that audio file, perhaps this is a design flaw in MM.

if you start an audio file in MM without voice command but using keyboard/mouse, does it also stop the current playlist or does it behave differently?
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: v0.5.0-rc4

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Will a script solve this Android music issue?

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:31 pm

I agree with skribb. there are a few things we need to know.

The new song you are playing.. is it on the playlist?

if the song is on the playlist and you double click on it in the file system, does it play the one that is in the playlist? or does MM create a new temporary playlist and add the song there?

if it is not on the playlist and you double click on it in the file system, does MM add the new song to the currently playing playlist? or does it create a new temporary playlist, add the song then play it?

depending on what is happening and what API is available depends on what can be done.

start off there and let us know. depending on the answer there may be more questions.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image